• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Chiefs 30th May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Highlanders taking on the Chiefs in Invercargill, both looking to fit into the top 6.

5 degrees on the night.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
6-3 Highlanders after 20 minutes.

Scrums even, tight game, freezing temperatures.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
11-3 Highlanders after 30 minutes

Try to Osborne. Beats 2-3 players from 10 metres out, such a good finisher.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Time to get out the rule book. Mackenzie junior denied a try, missed grounding it completely with hand or arm. "Grounded it" with his hip.

In my unbiased opinion, I agree with the TV ref, never controlled.

11-3 at half-time. Only 1 person watching apparently, lol.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
TMO Match Official Glenn Newman
MAD-Magazine-Alfred-E-Neuman-Norman-Mingo.jpg

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Try time. Give the ball to Naholo, 100% it will be try time, at least 5 out of 10 times...

Sopoaga adds the icing from the side to make it 18-3, 46 minutes gone.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders taking on the Chiefs in Invercargill, both looking to fit into the top 6.

5 degrees on the night.

Balmy night, then :) Only caught half of Sumo's comment, "colder than a [ ]'s heart".

Agree on the "try", never in control & squirted out the side so can't give it.

Clan are in again & Sopaga adds the extras, 18 - 3 after 48 & if Tribe don't score next & soon they're done.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Balmy night, then :) Only caught half of Sumo's comment, "colder than a [ ]'s heart".

Agree on the "try", never in control & squirted out the side so can't give it.

Clan are in again & Sopaga adds the extras, 18 - 3 after 48 & if Tribe don't score next & soon they're done.

According to (b) above I'd say it was a try but it was against the Chiefs. So all good eh.

Think he said "colder than a homewrecker's heart".

Rubbish penalty..

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ I'm a little torn here, Clan are my 2nd team but on t'other hand wifey & her whanau are Tribe to the core & I'm currently hosting a few of them. On balance I'm comfortable with no try but wouldn't have been too concerned had it been given.

"Home wrecker"? Sumo's slipping. Clearly used "mother-in-law's heart" way too early in the season ................

21 - 9 & I seriously doubt the Tribe can come back from this, Clan with all the ball & dominating field position. Sopoaga makes it 24 - 9.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
^^^^^^^^ I'm a little torn here, Clan are my 2nd team but on t'other hand wifey & her whanau are Tribe to the core & I'm currently hosting a few of them. On balance I'm comfortable with no try but wouldn't have been too concerned had it been given.

"Home wrecker"? Sumo's slipping. Clearly used "mother-in-law's heart" way too early in the season ......

21 - 9 & I seriously doubt the Tribe can come back from this, Clan with all the ball & dominating field position. Sopoaga makes it 24 - 9.

Agreed, would be a bloody shame to lose it from here. Sumo is slipping as well, getting a bit stale, kind of like Maloney over here in Oz.

This locks up a final at the least for the Highlanders. Bloody good season.

Woohoo, game over. 1 more try please.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Buckman wraps it up. Been saying all season the Tribe's lack of tight-5 depth might find them out & it has. Good news is they've got the Reds next week, bad news is they've got the 'canes the week after...........

Clan v 'canes in Napier next week will be a ball-tearer.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Bonus point try! Looking forward to next week. Hopefully the Hurricanes will be complacent with their table position.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
New

Buckman wraps it up. Been saying all season the Tribe's lack of tight-5 depth might find them out & it has. Good news is they've got the Reds next week, bad news is they've got the 'canes the week after.....

Clan v 'canes in Napier next week will be a ball-tearer.​
waiopehu oldboy, 25 minutes ago Report
#12 To be fair WOB, I don't think any team in S15 would not be affected by the number of injuries the Tribe have sufferd, about 4-5 locks out would hurt any depth, or perhaps you can tell us who has more depth??:rolleyes:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiffs missing Messam, Retallick, Cruden and SBW and it was not flash.

messam might be good for 3 open field fuckups a game but on D he's a tireless munter that they really missed.

comms talking up Pulu last week too but man he is nonsense. Does something good then immediately negates that by turning it over

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Rest time now for Smith, Smith and Fekitoa now that a playoff spot has been secured. Time to give the reserve bench a run against the Hurricanes next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.