• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Crusaders Round 9 April 11 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
For those of you who missed it. Highlights package.

I know it is not quite 24 hours after the game. Score is mentioned on the video clip.
NZ conference so hopefully won't upset anybody.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
thrilling metch. Highlanders must officially be the real deal now after the Cantabs murdered the best team in S.A last week by 600 to nil at their home.

That no-name HGLNDER forward pack are really doing the business.

haha, Mccaw gets off the bench, takes off his jacket and walks straight onto the field. No running up and down the sideline, no stretches, no chucking the ball around, nothing. Then promptly drops the ball a couple of times haha hashtag # no_fucks_given. Almost like Chuck Connors. "Richie Mccaw is so cool he doesnt need to warm up for the game, the game needs to cool down for him."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez I enjoyed this match. Gotta agree with DP, The Clan are looking the goods, though AB rests may hurt them. Hell how can you not like a team that gives as much as Highlanders, definitely as a team they seem to have all the ethos you want in sport, ie seem to be absolutely commited to the cause, and while they have a couple of real stars,(Smith and Smith) the rest seem to just give everything, case in point I think is someone like Dan Prior, comes on and throws himself at everything. And hasn't Tanaka really come on at 9, he is probably only one that really challenges Smith for clearing the ball in the comp!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlanders fijian winger better under the high ball than than the Crusader's behemoth.

Watched the game in CHCH with my brother. Had to sit there pre game and take all his shit then watched him go very quiet.

Jamie Joseph seems to have a talent for talent spotting. Was trying to work out a Blues backline if Kirwan had the same ability and could keep players. We came up with Anscombe, Nonu, Fekitoa, Naholo, Piatau, Halai, Akhi. That would be an impressive attack.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I am pretty sure Tanaka dropped Read on his arse in the dying minutes. Pretty impressive for 72kg v 112kg.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Caught the game on replay this morning and it was a cracking game, played with plenty of passion, skill and spirit.

Little wonder teams from NZ crowd the top of the S15 table.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Meanwhile, on rugby365, some idiot Saffa is trying to claim Ben Smith spear tackled a crusader and it is a SANZAR conspiracy that he has not been cited or red carded.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
For those of you who missed it. Highlights package.

I know it is not quite 24 hours after the game. Score is mentioned on the video clip.
NZ conference so hopefully won't upset anybody.

I just want to know if Scott Watson's lawyers have been informed that Ben Smart is alive and playing fullback for the Highlanders.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Caught the game on replay this morning and it was a cracking game, played with plenty of passion, skill and spirit.

Little wonder teams from NZ crowd the top of the S15 table.

It was on the big screen at the SFS, until some marketing idiot decided to put a revolving Waratahs logo up for the last 15 minutes. Looked like a great game.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Meanwhile, on rugby365, some idiot Saffa is trying to claim Ben Smith spear tackled a crusader and it is a SANZAR conspiracy that he has not been cited or red carded.

SNAZAR seem to have been involved in a lot of conspiracies lately;)

Status
Not open for further replies.