• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Hurricanes - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At Forsyth Barr on March 5th - kickoff at 1735 AEDT.

Match officials:

Ref: Jackson AR's: Nutbrown & Pickerill TMO: Wrat

Teams may not be released until tomorrow but Naholo definitely out as he's re-fractured his leg.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Canes will need a dose of wake up pills to avoid another beating I suspect. I a little worried with depth in the tighties!! For one I would kick Tongan Bear up the bum, especially as I can't stand props having these nicknames, they usually end up being very overated (apart from the Beast). Thinkingof Rodzilla etc who tended to be hyped up half props, generally forgetting their core roles!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Nehe Milner-Skudder/James Marshall, Cory Jane, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields, Mark Abbott, Blade Thomson, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Leni Apisai, Reggie Goodes. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Chris Eves. Loni Uhila, Vaea Fifita, Callum Gibbins, Jamison Gibson-Park, James Marshall/Jason Woodward, Willis Halaholo

NMS in doubt with a leg injury, if he makes it Marshall goes to bench & Woodward drops out altogether.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I worry a bit with that pack, and tend to think the Clan will be pretty intent on crowding Barrett, who does not look quite as strong until game breaks up a bit. Still , looking forward to the game, got the makings of being pretty good spectacle under the roof!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Matt Faddes, Malakai Fekitoa, Teihorangi Walden, Patrick Osborne, Lima Sopoaga, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Shane Christie (co-captain), Elliot Dixon, Joe Wheeler, Tom Franklin, Josh Hohneck, Liam Coltman, Brendon Edmonds. Reserves: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Siosiua Halanukonuka, Liam Squire, Dan Pryor, Josh Renton, Hayden Parker, Jason Emery.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Missed the first 30 min but fuck me this is a cracking game. Seems a shame that after it someone's gonna be 0-from-2. Huge TMO call denies Fekitoa a try but if he's grounded it short isn't that a 'canes feed? Smith puts someone in under the sticks but it's forward so 'canes get the relieving scrum anyways.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, no try was completely fair, can't see the ball touch the post and the grass at the same time.

Brilliant game so far.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah, no try was completely fair, can't see the ball touch the post and the grass at the same time.

Brilliant game so far.

Looked like there was a frame of the ball on the ground, let alone the post. Then Perenara lifted it up. Can't understand how he couldn't slow the replay down more than he did.

G

galumay

Looks like the poor video ref decision wont end up influencing the result. Real slug fest of a game! Well done Highlanders and commiserations to the Canes, just too many handling errors and silly penalties in the end. They did look much better than last week at least!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hayden Parker penalty gets the Clan home 17-16 & I can't quite believe it's the 'canes who are 0/2, they traditionally fall over at t'other end of the season :)

^^^^^^^^^^^ thought he said grounded short hence Jackson's apparent confusion but, yeah, I guess forcing it against the pads above ground level counts as held up in goal. I thought it was probably a try BTW & the attacking team should've got the benefit of the doubt.

NZ Conference standings:

1. Crusaders 5 pts, differential +9
2. Chiefs 5, +2
3. Highlander 5, -1
4. Blues 4, -13
5. Hurricanes 1, -43

HorrorCanes got a deep hole to dig their way out've.............

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that was a cracker!!! Well I think Ardie made a statement to young Blake Gibson, that he wants to be AB back up. Absolutely love the way A Smith always throws flat passes that are so accurate, and that is what gets his backline going forward. All in all although the Mighty Canes went down, I once again can't be too upset after seeing rugby of that quality.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Classic Woodward. Good player sees an opportunity and takes it. Great Player sees 3 opportunities and takes the best one. Woodward sees 3 opportunities and tries to do all 3 at once.

Bit of a brain fart.

Some of the kicking options taken throughout the entire game were terrible though. Nothing worse than seeing the ball kicked straight into the air for 5m, when you have possession in the attacking half. So bad.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bit of a brain fart.

Some of the kicking options taken throughout the entire game were terrible though. Nothing worse than seeing the ball kicked straight into the air for 5m, when you have possession in the attacking half. So bad.
That Chip kick from Osborne, classic. Wrong option for starters, then it fell about 3 metres short straight into the lap of a canes forward. One for the lowlights reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.