• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Half the squad is injured, our star recruit is on drugs charges and we have the least highly regarded coach in the Aus franchise. Thanks for destroying what little hope we were clinging onto.

You misunderstand me. What I'm saying is that the Reds certainly don't need to apply the logic you are suggesting, as it will make them complacent.
We need a desperate side. Not the side we had last year.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
St.George Queensland Reds v Highlanders
Dunedin, Friday 27 February
1. James Slipper (C)
2. Saia Fainga’a
3. Sam Talakai
4. Dave McDuling (Starting debut)
5. Marco Kotze
6. Adam Thomson
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia
10. James O’Connor (Reds debut)
11. Chris Feauai-Sautia
12. Anthony Fainga’a
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Kuridrani
15. Lachie Turner

16. James Hanson
17. Ben Daley
18. Sef Faagase
19. Tom Murday
20. Curtis Browning
21. Nick Frisby
22. Sam Johnson
23. Campbell Magnay

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While there may be no VC named for the Reds, at least it is abundantly clear who is the Captain, and subsequently who the Referee is to address their comments about the team to.

None of this silly Co-Captain nonsense for Queenslanders.

K

KAOPointman

Reds v. Highlanders has been the match of the round for the past 4 -5 seasons. Both teams play very similar expansive and entertaining footy.

Fainga'a is the glue that holds the backline together. His in-ya-face defence will be critical in shutting down the opposition backline.

I also sincerely hope that Thompson makes Aaron Smith's day miserable.
I've always agreed that Ant faingas value in defense goes underrated sometimes. As mentioned he's an amazing low, hard hitting, well communicating defensive players. To this day I think he should be in the wallaby mix. Great or even awesome attacking players stacked up in a team is not a balanced view of a team that's needed to win......as you may spend over half the game defending. Both fainga boys have bought a great low cutting aggressive defense to the reds and were one of the KEY points o the 2011 championship win. :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Boys just need to have that sharp mental edge again this week .

A win puts them in good headspace for the upcoming battle with those other blokes from the south.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
18th minute, penalty Reds, JOC (James O'Connor) from 30ish & pretty much in front shanks it big time. Bum fluff under his chin musta put him off :)

21st minute, penalty Clan. It's a long way out, Banks gonna give it a crack anyway.... it's over, 6-3.

24th minute, Banks goes for an even longer-range on, this time it's also good, 9-3.

You were saying, Mr Jarse?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The hex from the Zoo works as Bieber boy pushes a rather easy PK wide. Score remains 3 - 3 after 20 minutes.

Reds holding their own, but just get penalised about 45 metres out to give Banks a shot at goal right from centrefield.

Flags raised and the Clan go out to 6 - 3 after 22 minutes.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He speaks too soon about how the Reds are doing and they are penalised again to allow Banks to add 3 points to the score.

24 minutes gone. The Clan 9 Reds 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.