• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper vs Gill

Hooper vs Gill

• Hooper

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • Gill

Votes: 53 48.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Gill probably more active, but gave away a lot of penalties to call it even.

Watching Pocock tonight though, both still have a way to go.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Honours were even for mine. Neither dominated nor had a great influence on the match & both probably evenly involved. Gill probably gave away a few more penalties I think.
Geez he looks like Barnes when he gets a sook face after being pinged.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Either way, Pocock will be the wallabies number 7 for a bit longer I believe. But its good to see some awesome young talent ready and getting rugby harden with the best of the flankers in the game.

Pocock try.....Ooh ooh fight fight fight . Force/ lions game.

Back to post, Bias but I Gill. And Australian captain at any age and for any team is a big thing for anyone. Captain your country means a lot.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
For me it was Gill tonight but I had expected Hooper.

Then watched Pocock in Force v Lions and just reaffirmed how good he is and that whilst both Gill and Hooper are good, if Pocock gets injured the Wallabies will take a bit of a hit.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
For me it was Gill tonight but I had expected Hooper.

Then watched Pocock in Force v Lions and just reaffirmed how good he is and that whilst both Gill and Hooper are good, if Pocock gets injured the Wallabies will take a bit of a hit.

Pocock was immense. Hooper and Gill have huge potential, but Poey is already there.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
there is something very classical about gill's play that brings a smile to my face. reminds me of kronfeld and jeff miller. pure opensides. maybe the game has progressed and hooper is the more modern layer, but i look forward to watching gill play super rugby for hopefully many years to come.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some states from Ruggastats.

Hooper Gill
Mins 81 81
Tackles 11 22
Runs (m) 4 (20m) 6 (40m)
Ruck/Maul 4 5
Penalties 2 2

T

tranquility

Some states from Ruggastats.

Hooper Gill
Mins 81 81
Tackles 11 22
Runs (m) 4 (20m) 6 (40m)
Ruck/Maul 4 5
Penalties 2 2

Doesn't even look like a points decision to me... Hooper improve your workrate buddy :D

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To put those stats into context...

Overall, the Reds made a LOT more tackles than the Brumbies...

Hooper (together with Kimlin and Carter) led the Brumbies' total with 11...

On the other hand the Reds' forwards with the least amount of tackles (Holmes, Slipper and Robinson) made 10...

All 4 of Hooper's runs were in the tight... Gill made 4 runs in the tight, plus 2 more in the open, with one being a kick return (12m)...

In comparing their 4 runs in tight, Hooper made 6 more metres...

Anyways...

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
But didn't the Reds have more possession? If so how did they have to make more tackles? I also saw Hooper make a run or two out wide.
Anyway stats smats.... I'd rather believe what I can see with my own two eyes and try to keep an unbiased view, I still reckon they were both about even in this match up, all round.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But didn't the Reds have more possession? If so how did they have to make more tackles? I also saw Hooper make a run or two out wide.
Anyway stats smats.... I'd rather believe what I can see with my own two eyes and try to keep an unbiased view, I still reckon they were both about even in this match up, all round.

I completely agree...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In regards to possession...

The Reds had more of it... but the Brumbies made more runs, rucks/mauls etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.