• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hore's brain-fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Butlers article is fine. Hores shot was cheap, lame, pathetic and not worthy of the black jersey. Deserved red and a good break.

As for the thread degenerating into an anti-AB supporters, I am certainly not going to acknowledge criticism of our sporting supporters from Australians.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Having been to several Bledisloe tests in Brisbane and having interacted with kiwi fans at Reds games I can say that I have not witnessed anything unacceptable. Lot's of banter as you'd expect but it has always been in with the right spirit.
They pick their mark, when on the West Island.
Go to NZ and feel the love.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Based on the Adam Thompson decision I think Hore will be looking at a pretty substantial suspension of one to two weeks for this incident.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Even sitting on the train home from the 2003 RWC Final, I felt I was among rugby folk. Bloody annoying rugby folk, but not too bad.

Almost every encounter I've had with kiwi supporters has been ugly. They have no sense of humour about their team AT ALL. I've been to the rugby with people from all over the world and I've only ever had trouble with kiwis.

That's why I'm never too excited to 'grow the game' in Australia. Staying in touch with rugby values is more important than attracting began supporters.

That's been my personal experience and you can do with it what you like.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I think to take this proposition seriously, we'd need more than one example of thuggery. Personally, I think this side is fine (not always so sure about their coaches, though).

It doesn't surprise me, though, that the conversation has quickly moved to Kiwi supporters, who I think are the worst I've met. Aggressive and arrogant, they seem to pray to different rugby gods than me. Because of the mainstream popularity of the game, too many fans don't care about traditional rugby values.

I'll just go ahead and call a spade a spade.. bullshit. This is just a ridiculous comment. You just made a typical one-eyed sweeping generalisation about an ENTIRE COUNTRY'S fans. Ride your high horse all day long.

That's been my personal experience and you can do with it what you like.
We all have stories to tell about opposition fans. There's no point throwing stones from a glass house though.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I totally agree, the darkness are complete bad sports that we see every year, and year after year both hemisphere have to put it this utter blight on the sport.

Please ABs stop thrashing teams. Surely there must be a limit upon the amount of points the ABs can put on opponents....

I say after 3 tries, the darkness must play with one hand...lol

Its just shocking....

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Personally, I think hore's accidental knee does more damage than his swinging arm but e intent was there so I suspect we won't see him again until super rugby 2013, I.e. a 1 week suspension.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I think you will find that Gimli will find himself on the wrong side of a suspension that will be lots more than a 1 game ban.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just when you think the Aussie Media is as terrible as it can get, along comes a NH tour to remind us how much worse the UK press are.

Somebody call the journo a Wambulance.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
I know this is said whenever anyone does something illegal on the field, but that really is unlike Hore to do. The guy is usually the hardest yet fairest player around. He has a massive brain explosion, sees this little Welsh whippet in his way as he's trying to make it to a ruck, and lashes an arm out. Should he be given a relatively hefty suspension? For sure. Can we/should we judge Hore himself, let alone an entire team on that act? No.

As for the supporters, every team and country has dodgy supporters. Even within our own clubs I'm sure there are people who we wish would pull their heads in.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
What's wrong with my comments, exactly? Just this year, I've had one bloke puff up at me at a children's party, and a Crusader fan (friend of a friend) invite us to the rugby just to get hammered and abuse me all night. During super rugby, the only time I feel in danger of getting into a fight is when Kiwis are playing. You can banter with Saffers but try that with a Kiwi and see what happens. It feels like you're at a league game.

I've never ONCE had any problems with supporters from any other nations. That's the fact and I've written it down. Having done so, I'll leave you to it.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
your statements implying rugby should for be the the elite only,as the great unwashed don't care about traditional rugby values(unstated by you)concern me much more than your impressions of NZ supporters

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
That's why I'm never too excited to 'grow the game' in Australia. Staying in touch with rugby values is more important than attracting began supporters.

Also we get to be rugby hipsters. loving it before it was cool 'nd all.

Hore's act was terrible. He could have run around the player and had the same impact on the game. Just stupid. Regarding a team's fans, I know a fair amount of saffers who can't take a joke, as well as Aussies, and Kiwis. Booing Quade at RWC was poor form, but then again, I do the same when he turns turned out for QLD.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
What's wrong with my comments, exactly? Just this year, I've had one bloke puff up at me at a children's party, and a Crusader fan (friend of a friend) invite us to the rugby just to get hammered and abuse me all night. During super rugby, the only time I feel in danger of getting into a fight is when Kiwis are playing. You can banter with Saffers but try that with a Kiwi and see what happens. It feels like you're at a league game.

I've never ONCE had any problems with supporters from any other nations. That's the fact and I've written it down. Having done so, I'll leave you to it.

Probably because your "mates" know you like to make YouTube videos about those cheating ABs. Pathetic.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Eddie Butler is not a pom, he is Welsh.

Eddie is certainly Welsh and usually a decent writer, even if (a) he often seems to have taken to his computer with a couple of bottles of red for company, and (b) he finds it hard to be objective when either writing about the team he played for or commentating on their games. The seeds of the tone of this article were evident in his commentary on the match, with comments like (paraphrasing), "you can't watch the All Blacks [in general] without a bitter taste". When the Welsh prop Jarvis was carried off after bunging his knee at a breakdown when McCaw fell on top of him, Eddie didn't see McCaw hurry over to Jarvis, apologise and shake his hand. In short, take Eddie Butler with a pinch of Welsh salt.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Whilst I think that Scarfman's comments are phrased a bit too broad brushed, I must say there are times I have felt intimidated by kiwi fans. Not every time I have been to matches, but enough to be very wary.

You can pick the difference between true supporters and those who turn up at a game to rub the Aussie's nose in it. Small minded people wish to take out their insecurities on others.

The only other nation that remotely comes close is the small number of Poms with their look down the nose arrogance.
After the final of the 2003 RWC I went round the pub congratulating their supporters and there were a number that would not shake my hand because I was a "loser".

Fortunatly these people are in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.