• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How excited are you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I'm so excited I've got the poor Cambodians that I teach practising the pronunciation of Wallabies with an "l" rather than an "r". Come on the "Worry beads!" It's just not right!! Mind you they have no idea why the enormous pink man who teaches them is so excited.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Nice one mate - keep going with the conversions to the true faith!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's like I've been possessed by the spirit of big Kev. Not only and I super pumped but I also tried to sell my toastie maker to my flat mate at never to be repeated prices

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The AUSTAR guy just finished the install this minute - I'm locked and loaded!!

(He, of course, talked about nothing but NRL - "say you're watching the semi-finals and you want to see how Parra's doing ...")

V

vikingbrad

I had flights/tickets/hotels booked to go to Christchurch to see Wallabies v Italy as was my birthday this week.

Ended up all getting cancelled but have opted for 2 x months of Foxtel IQHD. Great to have 24hr Rugby Channel

May have to be pryed off couch at the end of it

08umema

There are only so many news articles I can read in anticipation for the kickoff. I have been flicking between GAGR, Rugby Heaven and Fox Sports for the past week. Was watching the AUS v NZ 2003 RWC semi-final on Foxsports last night. It possibly got me too pumped up as I only got to bed around 1am. Not long now boys!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How are rugby fans meant to get any work done?

I am finding it almost impossible to concentrate.

I've even been dreaming about rugby in the last few days. Thankfully I'm a much better rugby player in my dreams than I ever was in reality.

S

StonerJack

There are only so many news articles I can read in anticipation for the kickoff. I have been flicking between GAGR, Rugby Heaven and Fox Sports for the past week. Was watching the AUS v NZ 2003 RWC semi-final on Foxsports last night. It possibly got me too pumped up as I only got to bed around 1am. Not long now boys!

I wish I turned the TV off after that game because I ended up watching the replay of the 2003 world cup final and that hurts as much now as it did back then. Before that I was pumped but the imagine of Wilkinson slotting that drop goal has once again been burned into my memory..

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
The whole house is pumped. Well the dog is a bit ambivelent, but he will get with the program later.
Tour booked, campervan booked, 4 Saffas in a van (piele op wiele) tix to two QF games in Wellie and all three semi's in Auckland. The extra semi is my son's who has a kind father who splashed out for a flight to Auckland and a semi ticket. (He can find his own way back)

08umema

I wish I turned the TV off after that game because I ended up watching the replay of the 2003 world cup final and that hurts as much now as it did back then. Before that I was pumped but the imagine of Wilkinson slotting that drop goal has once again been burned into my memory..

I couldn't do it to myself. I ended up watching some doco which i can now not remember anything about. let us not discuss 'that drop goal'... New RWC and new players!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I've got one assignment left for assessment this term and I'm really struggling to make a start, cannot get off rugby. Ideally they would cancel everything during the turnament!

08umema

I may have to create some mystery illness for work which doctors can not identify and lasts until the 23rd of October. Suggestions?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I may have to create some mystery illness for work which doctors can not identify and lasts until the 23rd of October. Suggestions?

I'll write the note for you - you may not like the illness I come up with however. Or you might! :)
Yay, 5000 posts and suitably dodgy!!

08umema

I'll write the note for you - you may not like the illness I come up with however. Or you might! :)
Yay, 5000 posts and suitably dodgy!!

As long as the words 'chronic diarrhoea' do not feature on the note, I will be happy to use it. Congrats on the 5K!

Status
Not open for further replies.