• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Would be a shame and not deserved BUT we just played nearly a season without Quade and we can do it again. Go The REDS.

T

TOCC

Let's not beat around the bush people... If Barnes were a boxer he would have been retired years ago for his glass jaw, you see it in boxing and ufc consistently, whatever the reason some blokes are physiologically just more susceptible to been knocked out when hit in certain places in the head

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Cooper tackle.jpg

If you look at QC (Quade Cooper)'s right arm, it is actually over BB's shoulder, & not around his neck. The rest of the tackle is QC (Quade Cooper)'s body pushing back BB's body so that he lands on top of him.
I can't see any actual tackle on the neck - so how can it be construed as dangerous? He shouldn't have even got a yellow card. There are a lot of tackles like this each week in S15, for some reason more noticeable in the NZ games.
He won't be suspended for this. If he is, its time for rugby to ban tackling, just touch instead; and while we're at it , no pushing in scrums, and also no............ Do you get the picrture?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sounds like no decision today and will go again tomorrow.

Hope it doesn't drag out like the Carter/Byrnes debacle.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You'd think that the yellow card was sufficient punishment. But I would not be suprised to see a 1 or 2 week ban. Fingers crossed he gets off

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Law 10 Foul Play
65 INTERNATIONAL RUGBY BOARD
(e) Dangerous tackling. A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously.
Sanction: Penalty kick
A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even
if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or
head is dangerous play.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing in it really. The card was sufficient for what looked to have no deliberate intent. Noticed Quade and Barnes talking after the game and it wouldn't be beyond belief the conversation included a sorry it was an accident and how are you feeling.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
View attachment 2571

If you look at QC (Quade Cooper)'s right arm, it is actually over BB's shoulder, & not around his neck. The rest of the tackle is QC (Quade Cooper)'s body pushing back BB's body so that he lands on top of him.
I can't see any actual tackle on the neck - so how can it be construed as dangerous? He shouldn't have even got a yellow card. There are a lot of tackles like this each week in S15, for some reason more noticeable in the NZ games.
He won't be suspended for this. If he is, its time for rugby to ban tackling, just touch instead; and while we're at it , no pushing in scrums, and also no.... Do you get the picrture?
What does the next frame show?
It will no doubt show his bicep hitting BB in the throat or flush on the jaw.
BTW doesn't look much like BB is dipping either.
Look like Quade will be on the piss this week.

T

TOCC

Law 10 Foul Play
65 INTERNATIONAL RUGBY BOARD
(e) Dangerous tackling. A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously.
Sanction: Penalty kick
A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even
if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or
head is dangerous play.

There are about 50 tackles a weekend which conflict with these rules..
What happens when a taller player tackles(i.e. Timani) tackles a shorter player(i.e. Genia)

Also you get plenty of tackles from behind where the tackles arm will go over the shoulder of the player been tackles.

T

TOCC

um maybe that's because the tackle is already half way complete......

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
The sanctity of the head is what separates our game from the barbarism of the mungoes

Yeah I agree with that but sadly there are numerous high shots that the referee 'misses' in a game these days......plus the decisions on who gets how long is just rubbish.
Jesus have a look at what was happening in the rucks at the end of the game. There were some good hits and shots going on, some were not what you may term as legal but god it was good to watch.
I feel sorry for BB but I think it was the hit on the ground more then anything.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've heard of guns of steel but never anyone knocked out by one! Cooper really is Super!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The question is, is it a red card offence? Dangerous tackle's above the shoulder are minimum yellow, and sometimes red.

I can't really decide. If Berrick wasn't injured by the tackle, and it had no impact on the game. Quade can probably argue that it was a yellow card offence, or a very low grade red card offence. It doesn't look entirely intentional, but probably reckless. So 1 week might be a good bet.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
The question is, is it a red card offence? Dangerous tackle's above the shoulder are minimum yellow, and sometimes red.

I can't really decide. If Berrick wasn't injured by the tackle, and it had no impact on the game. Quade can probably argue that it was a yellow card offence, or a very low grade red card offence. It doesn't look entirely intentional, but probably reckless. So 1 week might be a good bet.

Look at around 23 seconds..BB is basically in a full squat. His thigh is parallel to the ground at impact. That's more than a "dip" into the tackle.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The laws/regulations don't say anything about players "dipping" into a tackle. That's why it would be reckless rather than intentional. It's definitely a yellow, just a question of whether it's a red card or not, they'll probably spend a while deciding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.