• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v. Brumbies R4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Right, here is the Hurricanes, Hurricanes team..

1. Ben Franks
2. Dane Coles
3. John Schwalger
4. Jeremy Thrush
5. Mark Reddish
6. Adam Hill
7. Jack Lam
8. Blade Thomson
9. TJ Perenara
10. Beauden Barrett
11. Julian Savea
12. Hadleigh Parkes
13. Conrad Smith (c)
14. Cory Jane
15. James Marshall

Reserves
16. Motu Matu’u
17. Chris Eves
18. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
19. James Broadhurst
20. Ardie Savea
21. Chris Smylie
22. Alapati Leiua
23. Marty Banks

The Brumbies will announce their team later today but at this stage, here is what is known.

With Pocock out, Jarrad Butler will play 7. Ben Mowen moves to 8 with Scott Fardy moving to 6. Leon Power will start in the 2nd row with Sam Carter.

Pat McCabe is apparently right to play after his neck muscle issue last week.
Robbie Coleman retains his spot on the wing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
How is To'omua travelling?

Going to be a real challenge for the depleted Brumbies; I assume they are playing in Wellington at the Cake Tin?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What's the story with Brad Shield? Injured? Will be missed by the Canes if he's out for a substantial period.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
1. What does Ardie Savea have to do to get a start?

2. Wonder if the Brumbies wish they still had Colby hanging aound now?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Leon Power
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (C)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Josh MannRea
17. Ruan Smith
18. JP Smith
19. Jordan Smiler
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Conrad Hoffmann
22. Pat McCabe
23. Lionel Cronje

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1. What does Ardie Savea have to do to get a start?

2. Wonder if the Brumbies wish they still had Colby hanging aound now?
Outplay Jack Lam, who is a very decent openside, and who played very well on the African tour.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Was sad and surprised to read my G&GR email this morning which showed that the entire Reds squad (including the bench players) was now playing for the Hurricanes!! Phew, turned out it was just a 'typo'!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
McCabe to the bench, think that's a good move.

Wonder if Cronje or Tatekawa were seriously considered to start.

T

tranquility

How can he 'outplay' him without actually getting to play.

Hammett directly addressed this question, by saying that Ardie is still growing into his body and learning his game. He acknowledged that he is a supreme talent, but also said he just needs to bide his time behind a very good 7. He also said he was a bit miffed by all the urgency.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He started vs the Waratahs last year and was excellent. That's against a big pack and more than held his own and arguably won the points against Hooper. He tore up the ITM Cup and went on the EOYT (as a training-only player). I think there's definitely more to this.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How can he 'outplay' him without actually getting to play.
He's on the bench isn't he? When he gets on the park, which he invariably will, he can show Hammett that he's good enough to start. It's a good problem for Hammett and co. to have, but openside isn't a major concern for the Hurricanes.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He's wasted on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep Bullrush, but Lam would probably be wasted on the bench too, don't think there any great concern, he will get plenty of game time over the year, and I doubt there any dark secrets as Gwerty seems to think, probably more to do with lack of Vito and Shields, so Lam (who has been playing well) also gives a bit of experience.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
So any predictions? I'm not confident as a Brumbies supporter. We've played decent rugby without looking great. No pOey weakens us as well as playing in NZ. Canes haven't got a win but this game is their best chance of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This game really could be anything.

The Hurricanes have flown back from SA and might be a little fatigued and I reckon that will show in the last 20 minutes. Whoever is in front then will probably try and shut up shop.

The Brumbies have won the last 3 between these teams and I hope they can put the adversity of Pocock's injury behind them and get over the line.

Either team by less than 7 is the best I can come up with.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thrush & Reddish - now there's an unfortunate sounding surname combo for the Canes 2nd row.

On a more serious note I think the Canes might get the chocolates here, unpredictable side though. At any rate I hope for a good game.

"Rock you like a Hurricane" nice songs choice Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.