• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes V Brumbies Semi-Final, Sat 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
@Pfitzy, not having seen the Speight tackle didn't stop you commenting on it. Is it the case also that you haven't seen Canberra?;)

But I have seen the tackle and I have commented on it.

Just like I have been to Canberra - visiting friends who live* there - and always think it looks such a nice place to live, and then remember how fucking cold it gets, and how fucking hot it gets, and how its populated almost exclusively by Canberrans.

Let's face it, if you're going to live in a big country town, and freeze your arse off, at least Bathurst is closer to Sydney, if only just. And there are less weirdos.

* DISCLAIMER: this is not to imply that anyone really lives in Canberra.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Let's face it, if you're going to live in a big country town, and freeze your arse off, at least Bathurst is closer to Sydney, if only just. And there are less weirdos.

* DISCLAIMER: this is not to imply that anyone really lives in Canberra.

Actually spent the first 9 years of schooling in Bathurst back in the 1050s. Snowed every year and from Easter onwards the water was frozen in the pipes. Much colder than a Canberra winter.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A Brumbies supporters trip is being organised as we speak with details later today but the intended package is to fly direct to Wellington on Saturday morning and includes accommodation and match ticket and will fly back on Sunday.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah but at least the traffic is planned for - like ten times the amount they get. Need a good plan.

I also like the green belts, even if the grass is yellow from either drought or frost.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm late in on this thread. But isn't there flights from Perth to NZ. You would think that's a better option

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It's possible to fly from Sydney directly to Wellington without going through Auckland.:)

Its also possible (or at least it was some years ago) to fly Jo'burg to Auckland direct. To get to Wellington you have to make one stopover, usually either Sydney, Melbourne or Auckland. Its just a matter of choosing the option with the shortest overall elapsed time.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There was another flight, also some years ago, with British Airways from Jo'burg to Perth to Auckland. Hope the Brumbies brains trust have made the best decision for their charges.

I wonder if the Brumbies have considered a charter fright flight from Canberra to Wellington? They wouldn't need a big plane.

Well played, von Richtofen, well played. ;)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wonder if the Brumbies have considered a charter fright from Canberra to Wellington? They wouldn't need a big plane.

Who/what did you have in mind? Jason Voorhees, Or Freddy Kruger perhaps? Of will they just commandeer an old ghost train from the local fairground?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
planes.jpg

Stephen Larkham and Dan McKellar waiting for their charter flight to Wellington to show up.

M

Moono75

No need for the Brumbies to fly in....why not take the Interislander ferry into Wellington :eek:

8917553.jpg

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
If you mean flight, the sponsor has a private jet.

No better time than now to lend it.
I read somewhere today they wanted to do that but the jet was booked.Some sponsor!You would think the good of the team would surpass all others.Maybe it's the sponsor's management travelling to Wellington in it!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
This page is one of the funniest ever!

Anyone care to comment on the game??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.