• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Drua Sunday 8th May 3.35pm NZT, 1.35pm AEST ,11.35am AWST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's the Canes so they deserve own match thread. And Colsey is back baby!! As is Owen Franks.

Hurricanes team to face the Fijian Drua:
1. Xavier Numia
2. Asafo Aumua
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. Isaia Walker-Leawere
5. Justin Sangster
6. Blake Gibson
7. Du’Plessis Kirifi
8. Tyler Laubscher *
9. TJ Perenara (c)
10. Aidan Morgan
11. Salesi Rayasi
12. Billy Proctor
13. Bailyn Sullivan
14. Wes Goosen
15. Josh Moorby

REPLACEMENTS:
16. Dane Coles
17. Tevita Mafileo
18. Owen Franks *
19. Caleb Delany
20. TK Howden
21. Cameron Roigard
22. Jackson Garden-Bachop
23. Riley Higgins *

* Denotes debut

Ardie and Jordie having a break.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fijian Drua: Kitione Taliga, Selestino Ravutaumada, Apsialome Vota, Jona Mataiciwa, Kitione Ratu, Simione Kuruvoli, Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Kitione Salawa, Meli Derenalagi (c), Sorovakatini Tuifagalele, Isoa Nasilasila, Samuela Tawake, Zuriel Togiatama, Haereiti Hetet. Reserves: Tevita Ikanivere, Meli Tuni, Manasa Saulo, Chris Minimbi, Raikabula Momoedonu, Leone Nawai, Teti Tela, Onisi Ratave.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB I meant to ask did you realise that Pasilio Tosi the new young prop in the Canes this year is a Levin boy? I only know because he a friend of Granddaughter's right back from Intermeiade days.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Handling error stat would have to be a Super Rugby record. Yes it's breezy but it's neither wet nor cold so not sure what the problem is.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Personally I prefer the Canes in their yellow kit. Is it just this game or have they moved away from the yellow?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'canes will surely set a new highest score record today - currently 66 v Rebs (who did score 24 themselves) in 2012.

Edit: Nisbo just said it's 71 v Rebs in 2017 which is probably out of reach.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They did ok vs the Blues and Highlanders. They changed the whole team. I reckon that Fiji trip wasn't business for them.
I don't think we should underestimate the come down after their first game in Fiji. I would of been pretty surprised if they had come out firing today!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
On the game, I just got home from golf as it kicked off (surprise surprise I didn't stay for extra beer this week for some reason), and as a Canes' man I obviously pretty pleased. Drua were well off bet, but I happy to see a few young fellas having a run, and to see Franks and Colsey back on field gladdened my heart,

Was an ok way to finesh my rugby from weekend, 2 x super games Friday night, College game at Opunake yesteday morning, couple of games at Club yesterday (coltsand Prems), 3 x super games last night, and this one as I got home today, I think my rugby quota has almost been filled for weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.