• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

I am immune from the Matt Burke theory because?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Joe Roff was our billet for a juniors state tournament. Top bloke even when he was young and shit could he pack away the wheatbix.

My brother wrote a letter to John Eales when he came with Brothers. One night the phone rang and it was him. We got to meet him when he got up here which was awsome but the fact he rang will always be something special to a couple of rugby loving kids (now blokes obviously).

Met the Ella Brothers when I was a kid.

I remember going to a Reds training with the QLD Luikemia Foundation. We met Chris Latham, Elton Flatley and John Roe. That was special but there was one kid in the group who had been put through some terrible things from the disease and the treatment and he was in awful shape and his prognosis was not good. The way the blokes treated this kid was something special. I will never forget that.

They might be hero's and villans on the field but Rugby players are damn fine blokes off it.

That's quality Ruggo. Ours is truly the greatest game on Earth.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My old man was a sales rep for coke and they sponsored a Australia vs NZ legends game. He got talking to the Australia blokes and was saying how he played golden oldies for the Darwin Stubbies so they said bring your boots and we will get you a run. He was the 2nd oldest bloke on the field and got absolutely pounded by Grant Batty who was the oldest. Shit it was funny. The tall tales of how Dad represented Australia flowed for years after that.

That is how we got to meet the Ella Twins.

I have played the Hottest 7's a few times against the Australian side but we spent most of the game under the goal posts watching them. Andrew Walker is a regular every year.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I have trained with the Wallabies, chatted with Dewalt Pocock and received a jersey from Nathan Sharpe. I think that qualifies me.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Pocock, TPN, Sharpe and the Honey Badger were the happiest to have a chat.
Even though Pocock is doing pretty damn well at life he has totally married up. Emma is an amazing person.

Training wise the session was pretty light on. The previous three days were solid apparently and so it is hard to pick out any standouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.