• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

**IMPORTANT POLE**: Australia's Best #7.

**IMPORTANT POLE**: Aus Best #7.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
EdenParkAucklandNZ_zpsnyx9rbk0.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
#1 Stan Pilecki
#2 Michael Kasprowicz
#3 Michael Klim
#4 Magda Szubanski
#5 Annastacia Palaszczuk
#6 Ziggy Switkowski
#7 Karl Kruszelnicki

I am lost here. No idea. Stan Pilecki rings a bell but the rest may as well be Herschel Krustofski and his 7 brides.
I feared I'd be in detention on Norfolk Island.

I went there once. Not a fuck of a lot happening on Norfolk Island. Not a fuck of a lot at all. Some cows on the road. That was pretty much it.

Righto, back to the pole!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ I think the gag is they're all famous Aussies with Polish names (Klim, though, is German, I think): test cricketer, swimmer, actor, Premier of the Banjo state, former Telstra CEO & Australia's favourite science geek, respectively.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does Tadeusz Kościuszko count?

Not an Aussie but has a fairly well known bit of Aussie named after him.

My Polish mates tell me it is supposed to be pronounced Mount Kar-zhoosh-ko, not Mount Cossie-Oss-Ko like many do.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
i am so fucking slow here. it has literally taken me 2 fucking hours to conflate "pole" with "polish". Didnt even think of it. MORAN.

AfgrQDE.jpg

D.Pocock (on the right) proudly holds aloft his first ever rugby trophy, Player of the Year for the U12's. His father looks on while holding "Woody" (the family's pet pig).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i am so fucking slow here. it has literally taken me 2 fucking hours to conflate "pole" with "polish". Didnt even think of it. MORAN.

AfgrQDE.jpg

D.Pocock (on the right) proudly holds aloft his first ever rugby trophy, Player of the Year for the U12's. His father looks on while holding "Woody" (the family's pet pig).
I thought Woody was the post at Eden Park to which Mr Pocock was chained until November?
You've got wood on the brain.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.