• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Saturday 26 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
3 minutes left.

Have to score to win.

We finally have ball.

Am Genia.

Must resist urge to box kick.

Must resist.

Must resist.

Ahhh fuck it *plop*

fluffy.png

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Full Time. IRE 27 AUS 24

Grand Slam gooooone.

So close but so far.

Well done to the Irish. Strangled us in the first half for possession, and played better to the referees interpretations. Could have gone either way. Far too many mistakes from the Men in Gold to be too upset with the result.

We wasn't robbed. We robbed ourselves. A great game of footy with all the theatre meaning that there will be much discussion about this game for a long time. The bottom line is that Australia did not play well enough for long enough to take the game beyond the control of any refereeing decisions.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Surely, names like Moore, Slipper, Simmons are on the way out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would hope Cheika makes some changes next week now. At least start Sefa on the wing and give moore a rest.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I hate to say it because no one wants to be the losing fan whose angry at the referee but World Rugby is strangling my love of international rugby.

There is absolutely no consistency or accountability and refs seem to either pander to the home crowd or just generally have no fucking clue as to what's happening.

We need some quality control.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hate to say it because no one wants to be the losing fan whose angry at the referee but World Rugby is strangling my love of international rugby.

There is absolutely no consistency or accountability and refs seem to either pander to the home crowd or just generally have no fucking clue as to what's happening.

We need some quality control.
Just gotta play better to take any influence of the referee out of the game.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Would hope Cheika makes some changes next week now. At least start Sefa on the wing and give moore a rest.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Speight had a great game, even scored a try.. I'm not against starting Sefa, but if Hodge had drawn and passed Speight could have had a chance at 2 more..

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
With Ireland's injuries this was a good win for them. Aussie's played better. Dhp was superb whilst I thought Folau was shite.

Time for Folau and dhp to switch positions?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I would drop Folau. Last week against the French showed we don't need him. This week he fucks up the easiest try. But we all know that will never happen

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would drop Folau. Last week against the French showed we don't need him. This week he fucks up the easiest try. But we all know that will never happen
I dont think we should drop him, but a winger is probably where he should be at the moment, he can't kick, and can't pass, but he breaks tackles and takes high balls, probably the best in our team.. tell him to stand out wide and be the end of the line..

Status
Not open for further replies.