• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would like to be Cheika, talk to Luke Jones and say this before the match:

"Son, this is the opportunity you've waited your whole life. The jersey #6 is calling you, Are you ready for the challenge? Your World Cup starts tonight, if you have a good performance, you could be part of the starting XV in the next WC. Look Michael, he had his chance in 2012 when David was injured, he didn't miss the train and is now the captain of the team. Play with courage!"

M

Moono75

"Son, this is the opportunity you've waited your whole life. The jersey #6 is calling you, Are you ready for the challenge? Your World Cup starts today, if you have a good performance, you could be part of the starting XV in the next WC. Look Michael, he had his chance in 2012 when David was injured, he didn't miss the train and is now the captain of the team. Play with courage!"

I was thinking the same thing....except about Godwin....but the coaching hasn't got the balls to pick him.....they'll throw him under the bus at the WC next year with no experience......mark my words.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I really hope Luke grasps the nettle tonight and really smashes into it. We need a strong physical presence in the back row and if he plays his cards right it could be him. Imagine the power and go forward a combination of Hooper, Jones and Fardy could provide in a little under 12 months, to say nothing of the lineout options.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I was thinking the same thing..except about Godwin..but the coaching hasn't got the balls to pick him...they'll throw him under the bus at the WC next year with no experience..mark my words.
You planning that To'omua Lealifanio and Beale will all be injured?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
This is a good, accurate synopsis of the current situation. The best way forward might be to see if we can convert Fardy to lock during the Super Season.Simmons use to be a weak scrummaging lock, so there is hope that you could fix Fardy's deficiencies in that area (I here from people on this board that he's poor scrumming at lock but I've never actually witnessed it - im relying on hearsay).
If you can get access to a replay of the wobs in NZ this year Fardy moved to the second row while Simmons was in the bin. When the pushover penalty try happened. And the scrum before that which was even worse. Now it wasn't all down to him (from memory we had a winger at breakaway for the first and 7 in the scrum for the try ) but it really did turn to shit when he was in there

M

Moono75

You planning that To'omua Lealifanio and Beale will all be injured?

Yesterdays would be almost hero's. They need to step up and make themselves absolutely unable not to be picked otherwise its time to move on. No consistency with their performances. The hardest thing in the world at the moment is to actually get out of the Wallabies team. Enough with tolerating poor performances and fuck ups. I want a team snot nose jockeys doing fly buys the tower at 400 Knots when the pattern is full.......great balls of fire!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

"Son, this is the opportunity you've waited your whole life. The jersey #6 is calling you, Are you ready for the challenge? Your World Cup starts tonight, if you have a good performance, you could be part of the starting XV in the next WC. Look Michael, he had his chance in 2012 when David was injured, he didn't miss the train and is now the captain of the team. Play with courage!"

do you really think that Luke Jones needs TGC to explain to him that he might become a "permanent" Wallaby if tonight he plays up to test standard and continues so to do? any bloke who needs that explained to him is far too dumb to be a test player.

as far as motivation goes, do you really think that Luke Jones can't see the career opportunities that will open up if he plays very well?

what TGC is doing with the 6 position is obvious to all. enjoy it. bloke can coach.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yesterdays would be almost hero's. They need to step up and make themselves absolutely unable not to be picked otherwise its time to move on. No consistency with their performances. The hardest thing in the world at the moment is to actually get out of the Wallabies team. Enough with tolerating poor performances and fuck ups. I want a team snot nose jockeys doing fly buys the tower at 400 Knots when the pattern is full...great balls of fire!
I want Google translate.
Da fuq?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I was thinking the same thing..except about Godwin..but the coaching hasn't got the balls to pick him...they'll throw him under the bus at the WC next year with no experience..mark my words.

never read or heard much about Cheika's coaching methods, skills and record, have you?

the concept that Cheika and Nathan Grey don't have the balls to select anyone on the eligible list they want to select is quite laughable.

i am a Godwin fan and have been so for several years.
he would do it very tough indeed, while still in recovery from major injury, against the centres and back rows of Wales, France and Ireland.
i am hoping the Wallabies put up a great show tonight and that TGC can then afford the luxury of giving all the remaining players 10-20 minutes against the poms.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
where i am, rugby tests are put on at very amenable times. why Australia puts Ireland and Wallabies on at 3.30 am is beyond my ken.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not from an aviation background Cyclopath? Bit of Top Gun thrown into the mix there. Just trying to keep the conversation livley. Shouldn't all you East coasters be having a nap before the game starts ;)
I got that bit, it was the bits without prepositions that lost me. 2 bottles of Cab Sauv apparently weren't enough to get me through.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
kiwi bloke who knows more about the game than almost anyone i know asked a good question today. what test team could field three backs on the bench, who were genuine second choices, of the quality of Genia, Cooper and Beale?

don't even bother answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.