• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
All Blacks have a lot of changes. Hansen said they need fresh legs to avoid a loss.

ALL BLACKS: Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Ben Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Steven Luatua, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Charlie Faumuina, Andrew Hore, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Dane Coles, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Brodie Retallick, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Ryan Crotty

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this going to be Dunedin 2012 all over again?

The Darkness look strong, and the Paddies disorganised. It could be a very big margin, unless the weather gods intervene and send down some good Thormond Park weather.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not much lost. Except Crocket. Must be the weakest link in the whole squad.
I am amazed he keeps getting picked, to be honest. Seems not to be a great scrummager, and also seems prone to brain flatulence.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am amazed he keeps getting picked, to be honest. Seems not to be a great scrummager, and also seems prone to brain flatulence.

I'll not be surprised if by 2015 he's slipped down in the pecking order, BUT he's got a lot of test caps and the NZ team do not lose a lot. That's true right across the board. Luatua, Romano and Jane would walk in to our best 15. That's what I admire about the NZ coaching staff. They use rotation to give their whole squad experience, particularly against non top three nations, so when injury strikes they have proven performers ready to step up; and they do, seamlessly.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll not be surprised if by 2015 he's slipped down in the pecking order, BUT he's got a lot of test caps and the NZ team do not lose a lot. That's true right across the board. Luatua, Romano and Jane would walk in to our best 15. That's what I admire about the NZ coaching staff. They use rotation to give their whole squad experience, particularly against non top three nations, so when injury strikes they have proven performers ready to step up; and they do, seamlessly.
Luatua, Romano and Jane would make most international teams. I agree regarding depth / rotation, though.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think we'll see a reaction for the Ireland squad and we'll put in a performance for about 50-60 minutes of the game. We've never beaten the ABs and that's not going to change tomorrow.

With the mental block Ireland have against the ABs I think you could put the entire Highlanders team in All Black jerseys and they'd win comfortably.

Maybe in time Schmidt will produce a team that will finally break our duck against the ABs but I don't think he can do it just 2 weeks after his first test match in charge.

Ireland will probably run in one or two consolation tries towards the end of the game to make the score look respectable but I really can't see us putting the perfect year for the ABs in genuine jeopardy.

I'd be happy if some of the younger guys have good games so they have less to fear the next time the sides meet. There's not many of the Ireland team on form at the minute and obviously after last week expectations are very low.

On an aside it was good to see watch Craig Gilroy make his come back for Ulster last night and score 2 tries. Dave Kearney will have a much tougher time against the ABs than he did against Samoa.

P

Paradox

I've seen Ireland go nuts like this and still lose to NZ.. Plenty of time left

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wow. New Zealand are really rattled, coming back from here would really illustrate the character and resolve they possess.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wow, absolutely amazed by how good we've been in the first half both in attack and defence. Getting over the gain line almost every time and 2-3 times we've turn ball over when you'd expect NZ to score.

Still we'll have to play just as well in the 2nd half. This NZ team are so good that they could turn over our lead in 10 minutes.

Win or lose I'm really proud of that performance and it's well above what I expected. I thought we'd lose 40,50-19 with us running in our tries in the last 20 minutes, not the first 20.

Still I'm so nervous now for the 2nd half, hope and pray we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.