• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2014

2014 Champions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Coutresty of Hugh Jarse;
I'll be back (2014 Year 12)
ISA 1s
1. Aisea TUKIPILI St. Augustine's College
6. John WALKER St. Augustine's College
8. James LOUGH St. Augustine's College

ISA 2s
6. Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College
16. Brendan HOLLIS St. Augustine's Colleges (#2)
B FONTAINE St. Augustine's College

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Coutresty of Hugh Jarse;
I'll be back (2014 Year 12)
ISA 1s
1. Aisea TUKIPILI St. Augustine's College
6. John WALKER St. Augustine's College
8. James LOUGH St. Augustine's College

ISA 2s
6. Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College
16. Brendan HOLLIS St. Augustine's Colleges (#2)graduated 2013
B FONTAINE St. Augustine's College

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Pattern?
They have beaten Auggies once in their last 8 or so attempts.
Augs have 6 of their pack returning I think.
Good luck.
Agree, 'Watch' ..... hardly a pattern. Besides 2012, I don't think Oakhill has beaten Auggies since 2005 so I reckon there been more than 8 attempts. Plus the last 2 Waratah Shield finals.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Oaks won in 2012 after beating Augies on fete day
I think 2010 may have been similar, this is about winning the ISA comp, not necessarily beating the Brookvale team. the outcome of this comp could be determined more by the Pittwater Council ground staff and Hughie than the vagueries of football ability

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
less likely now le-ninja has been and gone and weather watchers tell us the boy child seams to be on his way, but a couple of washed out matches down at the beaches and a trip to Bathurst, anything could happen

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is the gap between ISA Div I and ISA Div II more related to the quantity of teams in the schools in Div II than the quality of the teams in Div II?

It seems that the top Div II 1st XV's and Age Group A's could do OK in Div I, probably finishing around mid table, but the larger schools like Oakhill, Pats and Stannies would have a logistical scheduling challenge getting "decent" games for their B, C, D and E teams if the likes of Chev and Redfields were in Div I.

HJ, I hate to disillusion you, but there is a yawning chasm between ISA Div 1 and ISA Div 2.

Chevalier and St. Andrews were the last 2 teams to go down. Chavalier went down before there was any requirement to field any number of teams, they went down because they were getting flogged by 40 - 60 points week in, week out.

St. Andrews went down at the same time that the minimum team requirements came into Div 1, but for the 2 seasons prior to that all their A teams had played in B or even C competitions and still were regularly beaten by 30 points by B teams. When they played in the A competition, St Augustine's used to rack up 80 points in every age group.

So other than the occasional strong age group, I don't think that there is any way that the Div 2 schools would survive playing As on As against Div 1 schools. In fact, St Gregs struggle against Augustines - last year 13s, 14s, 15s As on As were all over 60 point wins to Augustines.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
the outcome of this comp could be determined more by the Pittwater Council ground staff and Hughie than the vagueries of football ability.

Not so I'm afraid. If matches are rained out the ISA has a formula which ensures that an undefeated team would still win. You still have to win the competition on the field, not according to the vagaries of the weather.

rugbyfanatic123

Stan Wickham (3)
Pat's commenced their season yesterday with a trial against Marist Eastwood, with Pat's getting the victory 4 tries - 1. The game was contested in four quarters allowing both respective sides to give a larger squad (approx. 30) a run.

On the whole, the Pat's forwards really deserve a wrap making their opposition look very weak. Specific mention must go to Benet James and Joseph Carbo who were strong in taking hit-ups and making numerous tackles, particularly in the 4th quarter where Carbo broke the line of defence on many occasions. Albert Jenson and Year 11's, Tony Rumore and Drew Denford also displayed a solid performance. Nathan Taweel's game was one of content, showing much composure in the back line at #10.

Weather was in neither team's favor, noticeable in the fourth quarter where sloppy play affected both team's.

Although Pat's may be slightly disappointed the score line wasn't further separated, they must be pleased with the efforts they displayed under the circumstances.

Looking forward to hearing of some of the results in the trial games today particularly Trinity VS Stannies... should be a cracker!

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Marist Brothers Eastwood, never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity,
Their 1st Xv was set up in 1983 with the support of a pretty tight cohort of Epping and Hillview players, some dedicated parents (notably Brian Willoughby) and a Randwick loving Deputy Head Master and did pretty well for a few years given the strong rugby community that existed there. Not being a recognised rugby power They had to go through qualifying rounds to compete in the Waratah shield, competed well against Oak Hill and St Pats

Players from that first 1stXV ended up playing Shute Shield teams for the woods, coached at other clubs and represented Australia in saduko

I remember talking to the sports master a couple of years later, who had been reluctantly converted to understanding MBE was meant to be a Rugby School and was excited that new association was stating that the school could be a part of that includes Oak Hill and St Pats..

But unfortunately it would seem the powers that be at Eastwood saw it more fitting that MBE continue to be bashed by the league powerhouses each week, Campbell town, Holy Cross, Fairfield, Maryong Parramatta..
Rather than joining their community

The ISA is doing alright

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm sure that the ISA would love to have Marist Bros Eastwood in. I wouldn't think it would be hard to get a start in Div 2 or 3. The school has to want to do it though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just heard from the neighbours, Augustine's won just about everything against Waverley. 1sts was something like 80-0. Some big wins to Augustines in A teams as well. Surprisingly it seems to have been a very one-sided day.

Status
Not open for further replies.