• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2014

2014 Champions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Shane do you know how the very good Pius 14a team went this year after winning all their games last year

Not sure if this is a trick question because obviously they lost to St Augs, but according to the ISA website, St Pius went very well coming third-equal overall behind St Augs 1st and Oakhill 2nd. Of the three third-equal schools they were 2nd with their GD.
During the off-season the boys will grow and develop, ready for the 2015 ISA season.

http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/ISA-results.html

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have I ever said how user unfriendly the ISA web site and results are?

Anyhow, the Under 15A competition this year for Div I appears to be a three way tie between St Augustines, St Pats and St Stanislaus, all of whom finished on 10 competition points.

Augies lost to Stanies, Stanies lost to Pats, and Pats lost to Augies.
Augies seem to have the best Points Difference at 152, followed by Stanies on 104 with Pats on 28.

To wrap up the Div 1 U15's, Kinross (-57 PD) and Pius (-12 PD) were tied on 4 points, with Oakhill (-117 PD) and Gregs (-98 PD) tied on 2 points.

ISA Div 1 apparently do not use the Bonus Point system, and only allocate two points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.

U15A results:
St Augustines (152 PD), St Patricks (28 PD) & St Stanislaus (104 PD) 10 points
Kinross (-57 PD) & St Pius X (-12 PD) 4 points
Oakhill (-117 PD) & St Gregorys (-98 PD) 2 points

U15B results:
St Augustines 12 points
St Stanislaus (132 PD) and St Patricks (79 PD) tied on 9 points
Oakhill 5 points
St Gregorys 4 points
St Pius X 3 points
Kinross 0 points

U15C (ISA Div 3) results:
BMGS 10 points
The Scots School 10 points
Oxley 10 points
St Augustines & St Stanislaus 4 points
St Patricks 3 points
Oakhill 1 point

Not sure how the tie break system works but BMGS seem to be given the title.
BMGS beat Oxley but lost to TSS, while TSS lost to Oxley but beat BMGS, and Oxley beat TSS but lost to BMGS. TSS seem to have the best PD at 200, with BMGS on 102, and Oxley on 152.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure if this is a trick question because obviously they lost to St Augs, but according to the ISA website, St Pius went very well coming third-equal overall behind St Augs 1st and Oakhill 2nd. Of the three third-equal schools they were 2nd with their GD.
During the off-season the boys will grow and develop, ready for the 2015 ISA season.

http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/ISA-results.html
Thankyou.No tricks. Just interested after cleaning up last year. Thought you might have some insight

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ISA Div 1 Under 16 results

U16A
St Patricks 12 points (undefeated)
St Gregorys (-13 PD), St Augustines (50 PD), & Oakhill (31 PD) 6 points
Kinross 5 points
St Pius X 4 points
St Stanislaus 3 points

U16B
Oakhill 10 points (undefeated)
St Patricks 8 points
St Stanislaus 6 points
Kinross (-184 PD), St Augustines (-68 PD), & St Gregorys (-123 PD) 2 points

U16C (ISA Div 3)
St Patricks 6 points
BMGS (60 PD) & Oakhill (8 PD) 5 points
St Stanislaus 4 points
St Pius X 0 points

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Thankyou.No tricks. Just interested after cleaning up last year. Thought you might have some insight

Sorry 10-12, I think I got the wrong age group, I was reporting on the current 14As.
HJ has reported about the current U15s which appears to be a mixed bag of results in the As.
I agree with him the ISA website is very unfriendly.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sorry 10-12, I think I got the wrong age group, I was reporting on the current 14As.
HJ has reported about the current U15s which appears to be a mixed bag of results in the As.
I agree with him the ISA website is very unfriendly.
Just trawled through the ISA 2013 and you were right it was last years Pius 13a that were undefeated so makes it this years 14a

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ISA Div 1 Results 2014 Season (Open Grade)

First XV
Oakhill 28 Points (undefeated)
St Augustines 26 points
Kinross (-74 PD), & St Patricks (76 PD) 16 points
St Stanislaus 13 points
St Pius X 2 points
St Gregorys 1 point

2nd XV
Oakhill 10 points (Undefeated)
St Augustines 8 points
Kinross 6 points
St Stanislaus 4 points
St Gregorys 2 points
St Patricks 0 points

4th XV
Oakhill 10 points
Kinross 10 points
St Gregorys 8 points
St Patricks 6 Points
Chevalier 5 points
St Stanislaus 3 points
St Pius X 0 points

5th XV
Kinross 10 points (Undefeated)
Oakhill 5th XV 8 points
St Gregorys 6 points
St Stanislaus 4 points
Oakhill 6th XV 2 points
St Patricks 0 points

3rd XV (ISA Division 3)
St Stanislaus 14 points (Undefeated)
Oakhill 12 points
Oxley 10 points
BMGS 6 points
The Scots School (-105 PD), St Augustines (-52 PD) & St Pius X (-56 PD) 4 points
St Patricks 2 points

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Under 14 ISA Div I results

U14A
St Augustines 12 points (Undefeated)
Oakhill 10 points
Kinross (-48 PD), St Patricks (2 PD), & St Pius X (-5 PD) 6 points
St Stanislaus 2 points
St Gregorys 0 points

U14B
St Augustines 10 points (Undefeated)
Oakhill 8 points
St Pius X 6 points
St Patricks (-55 PD) & St Stanislaus (-29 PD) 3 points
Kinross 0 points

U14D
St Patricks (-27 PD) & St Augustines (19 PD) 4 points
Oakhill 2 points

U14C (ISA Div 3)
Oakhill 12 points
St Patricks 12 points (lost to Oakhill)
Oxley 10 points
St Augustines 8 points
St Stanislaus 6 points
Blue Mountains Grammar School 4 Points
Kinross 2 points
St Pius X 0 points

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Under 13 ISA Div 1 Results 2014

U13A
St Stanislaus 12 points (Undefeated)
St Augustines 10 points
Kinross 8 points
Oakhill 6 points
St Pius X 4 points
St Patricks 2 points
St Gregorys 0 points

U13B
St Augustines 12 points
St Patricks 10 points
St Stanislaus 8 points
Oakhill 6 points
St Pius X (-143 PD), Kinross (-204 PD), & St Gregorys (-201 PD) 2 points

U13 C (ISA Div 3)
St Augustines 14 points (undefeated)
The Scots School 12 points
Oxley 10 points
Blue Mountains Grammar School 8 points
St Patricks 6 points
St Stanislaus 4 points
St Pius X 2 points
Oakhill 0 points

Edit: Year changed. My bad - Typo.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Under 13 ISA Div 1 Results 2013

U13A
St Stanislaus 12 points (Undefeated)
St Augustines 10 points
Kinross 8 points
Oakhill 6 points
St Pius X 4 points
St Patricks 2 points
St Gregorys 0 points

U13B
St Augustines 12 points
St Patricks 10 points
St Stanislaus 8 points
Oakhill 6 points
St Pius X (-143 PD), Kinross (-204 PD), & St Gregorys (-201 PD) 2 points

U13 C (ISA Div 3)
St Augustines 14 points (undefeated)
The Scots School 12 points
Oxley 10 points
Blue Mountains Grammar School 8 points
St Patricks 6 points
St Stanislaus 4 points
St Pius X 2 points
Oakhill 0 points
It was Pius that beat that side on 2013, not Stannies.
Pius were rightly proud of that team & played them immediately before the 1st XV IIRC.
It appears an almost 100 point turnaround from last year with that School.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ My bad. Fat fingers on the keyboard. The opening line should refer to 2014 not 2013. edited in OP. Apologies for misunderstanding.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ISA Div 2 Grand Finals yesterday.

I assume that Chevalier won the premiership match after going through the season undefeated..

Any scores or match reports from ISA Div 2 Grand Final Day?

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ISA Div 2 results in Sun Herald this morning! Chev won Opens and 15s, Central Coast won 16s, Redfield won 14s and Redlands won 13s!

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
You should write to the headmaster, for everyone's sake.

Regarding the incidents that occurred in post #395 I did action this via email and telephone call, as did several St Augs parents.
The St Pats 16As hooker was interviewed and denied saying the comment, the St Pats Principal accepted this and the matter was over.
It beggers belief that the Principal would take the word of a 15/16 year old over several adults who had written emails tabling their version of events.

In addition to the slander incident there was another foul taste left in the mouth that day. The 16As game was scheduled at 2pm at a satellite rugby field in Strathfield. The ISA 16As usually play their games in the morning to allow selected 16As to sit on the bench for the 1st XV whose game is always at 3pm as everyone on this forum knows. By scheduling the game at 2pm and at a random satellite rugby field that meant the 16As for the 1st XV bench were unable to participate in the 16As game thus weakening the 16As team. Due to injury in the 1st XV some 16As were required that day.
The satellite field in Strathfield was an unacceptable venue for the game - there were NO toilets (unbelievable, does anyone know how far Strathfield is from Brookvale, give me a break), no canteen and the field was not even roped off properly.
Next year I hope that things improve vastly.

However, I am reliably informed that St Pats is advertising for a new Sports Master.
In this matter, a picture says a thousand words.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Regarding the incidents that occurred in post #395 I did action this via email and telephone call, as did several St Augs parents.
The St Pats 16As hooker was interviewed and denied saying the comment, the St Pats Principal accepted this and the matter was over.
It beggers belief that the Principal would take the word of a 15/16 year old over several adults who had written emails tabling their version of events.

In addition to the slander incident there was another foul taste left in the mouth that day. The 16As game was scheduled at 2pm at a satellite rugby field in Strathfield. The ISA 16As usually play their games in the morning to allow selected 16As to sit on the bench for the 1st XV whose game is always at 3pm as everyone on this forum knows. By scheduling the game at 2pm and at a random satellite rugby field that meant the 16As for the 1st XV bench were unable to participate in the 16As game thus weakening the 16As team. Due to injury in the 1st XV some 16As were required that day.
The satellite field in Strathfield was an unacceptable venue for the game - there were NO toilets (unbelievable, does anyone know how far Strathfield is from Brookvale, give me a break), no canteen and the field was not even roped off properly.
Next year I hope that things improve vastly.

However, I am reliably informed that St Pats is advertising for a new Sports Master.
In this matter, a picture says a thousand words.

I know people who live on the northern beaches are enamored with the place but refusing to poo anywhere else other than your beloved Brookvale is taking things a bit far!

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
I know people who live on the northern beaches are enamored with the place but refusing to poo anywhere else other than your beloved Brookvale is taking things a bit far!
That comment is a bit ridiculous.. i believe Shane Smeltz said that there was no toilets. He wasn't complaining about the standard of the toilets. Pull your head in son...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe that it was a light hearted dig at the Insular Peninsular, similar to a statement along the lines of needing to pass through the Border Protection and Immigration Control Station on the Spit Bridge, or all Eastern Suburbs folk wear RM Williams gear and drive 4WD's.

Perhaps the OP could have used the :) emoticon to make the jocular nature of their post a little clearer.

@Ben Dover, your statement "Pull your head in son" could be taken as "playing the man and not the ball" in breach of Forum Rule 6.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rules-of-the-schoolboy-forum.5407/

Be careful not to feed trolls. Use the "report" button if you feel a post is out of line, or in breach of rules.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
[quote

Perhaps the OP could have used the :) emoticon to make the jocular nature of their post a little clearer.
[/quote]

Noted! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.