• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill vs Gregs 40 - 22
A good afternoon for rugby. Oakhill started the game very strongly with the forwards driving towards the line for a try within the first 5 minutes. This did not phase Gregs at all, they came to play and looked very good with the structured approach and on the back of their strong scrum worked their way down the field to set up a good try for their backs. Then next 10 minutes was an error affair with both sides dropping alot of ball. Gregs then scored off an intercept try to gave them the lead 10- 7. The next 10 minutes once again was very forward dominated with alot of errors from both sides. Oakhill then was able to put together some possession to score out wide to lead 12-10 at half time. The second half started very similar to the first with the forward battle quite intense with nether side able to gain complete dominance. After about 10 minutes Oakhill scored again to lead 19-10. Once again Gregs kept coming back. They scored another good try but failed to convert and then from an Oakhill error scored in the corning with a conversion to take the lead 22-19. The battle in the forwards was getting a bit fiery and this seemed to bring the Oakhill forwards together. Their driving and passing setting up 2 quick tries to take the lead 33-22. Then with the final scrum of the day, Oakhill sent it wide through the backs to score in the corner and convert. Season over for Oaks as we have the bye next week.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions 19/8/23 Final ISA round
Greg’s vs Pius-
I have a feeling with this one that it will be a great game however Greg’s have been building all season and their performance against oakhill staying with them all game shows that they are capable of competing with the big teams. Due to that, I believe that against a team that has struggled all year in Pius, Greg’s will put on a show infront of a home crowd. Greg’s 15+

Auggies vs pats- 1 Vs 3 on the ladder this battle of the heavyweights will be a game not to miss out on. With pats hoping to force a 3 way tie and Auggies looking for an outright premiership this will be a game to watch. Pats have firepower through their 10 and 15 and have gone close with oakhill, however as we know Auggies are a different beast this year with a ridiculous amount of talent throughout their entire team and an electric backline. Coming off a massive win against stannies 2 weeks ago and the bye, I think they’ll get the job done to secure their premiership out at Strathfield relatively comfortably but on their day pats have the ability to go with them. Auggies 17+

Stannies Vs Kinross
Here we go, the battle of the west, both teams have shown glimpses of some entertaining footy this year. I believe this game will go absolutely down to the wire. Personally however I believe stannies may just have the edge on them and the likes of their back 3 helps them there. But don’t count Kinross out, travelling down the road to stannies may make it tough but they’ll get fired up for the battle of the west. Stannies by 3+ infront of a big home crowd.

Good luck to all teams this week and would love to hear everybody else’s predictions.

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
Greg’s vs Pius-
I have a feeling with this one that it will be a great game however Greg’s have been building all season and their performance against oakhill staying with them all game shows that they are capable of competing with the big teams. Due to that, I believe that against a team that has struggled all year in Pius, Greg’s will put on a show infront of a home crowd. Greg’s 15+

Auggies vs pats- 1 Vs 3 on the ladder this battle of the heavyweights will be a game not to miss out on. With pats hoping to force a 3 way tie and Auggies looking for an outright premiership this will be a game to watch. Pats have firepower through their 10 and 15 and have gone close with oakhill, however as we know Auggies are a different beast this year with a ridiculous amount of talent throughout their entire team and an electric backline. Coming off a massive win against stannies 2 weeks ago and the bye, I think they’ll get the job done to secure their premiership out at Strathfield relatively comfortably but on their day pats have the ability to go with them. Auggies 17+

Stannies Vs Kinross
Here we go, the battle of the west, both teams have shown glimpses of some entertaining footy this year. I believe this game will go absolutely down to the wire. Personally however I believe stannies may just have the edge on them and the likes of their back 3 helps them there. But don’t count Kinross out, travelling down the road to stannies may make it tough but they’ll get fired up for the battle of the west. Stannies by 3+ infront of a big home crowd.

Good luck to all teams this week and would love to hear everybody else’s predictions.
Pats V Auggies

I believe this season has been going off the bonus point system where you can receive one point for scoring 4 tries and can receive another point for losing by 7 or less. I’ve been made aware that if Pats are to get a bonus point win this weekend and Auggies are to come away without a point (Auggies don’t score 4 tries or lose by more than 7) then it will be an outright premiership for the boys in Black. I can’t confirm on what happens if they are to finish on equal ladder points but if Pats do beat Auggies and finish equally then it may go to Head to head which would leave Pats on top but I’m not certain.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pats V Auggies

I believe this season has been going off the bonus point system where you can receive one point for scoring 4 tries and can receive another point for losing by 7 or less. I’ve been made aware that if Pats are to get a bonus point win this weekend and Auggies are to come away without a point (Auggies don’t score 4 tries or lose by more than 7) then it will be an outright premiership for the boys in Black. I can’t confirm on what happens if they are to finish on equal ladder points but if Pats do beat Auggies and finish equally then it may go to Head to head which would leave Pats on top but I’m not certain.
I cannot confirm or deny this as I’m not certain on the specifics, so with you being uncertain also, let’s leave that to the experts, what’s your prediction for the game, Sammicheals?

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
I cannot confirm or deny this as I’m not certain on the specifics, so with you being uncertain also, let’s leave that to the experts, what’s your prediction for the game, Sammicheals?
Well I can confirm the first part. I think this game will mean a lot to the boys in black and to those year 12’s from Auggies it’s ‘back to breen day’ and having the chance for a premiership for the first time in 20 years I feel Pats are still a chance. My prediction Pats in a close one with both 10’s to have a great game

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats V Auggies

Ok having a look at the ISA website would seem to support that. Auggies have won all their games (5 x 4 points) with a more than 4 tries bonus (another 5 points) taking them to 25.

Pats are currently on 21 points.

So in order for Black to win the ISA they will need to score 4 tries PLUS ensure they beat them by more than 7.

Difficult - but not impossible!

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Greg’s vs Pius-
Pius have been very disappointing of late. Losing last week at home was a surprise. I don't see them having the team to cause Greg's too much concern. Greg's played solidly last week and on the back of a strong scrum and playing at home, Greg's for the win.

Pats vs Auggies- Auggies have been very consistent, the whole year. They have a great backline and strong forwards with a good game plan. Pats have been playing well and certainly have some superstars in their backline, however I think Auggies are too strong across the whole team. Auggies to win.

Stannies Vs Kinross- Always a game that both teams wait for each year. With both teams beating Pius, however Stannies by a bigger margin and with Stannies playing at home, the win goes to Stannies.

scots4everrrrrrr

Bob McCowan (2)
I wonder if NSW Rugby TV would consider live streaming the Pats vs Auggies game as it is for the premiership, as they have previously live streamed a top of the table clash between Gregs and Auggies back in 2019.
yep have to agree there not straight would definitely benefit ISA comp as well. Alot of the comps seem to do it as well CAS knox vs Barker is always streamed and quite big could possibly do the same for ISA between the two schools that are top of table

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
279AC5A7-176F-4BA8-AEB4-35D629ED5E9F.jpeg
279AC5A7-176F-4BA8-AEB4-35D629ED5E9F.jpegISA released today mentioning that if two teams are tied on the same points it would be the winner of the head to head clash that takes out the premiership

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
View attachment 17289View attachment 17289ISA released today mentioning that if two teams are tied on the same points it would be the winner of the head to head clash that takes out the premiership
Ok well that complicates things. So, taking the above into account:

1) If Pats wins with a 4 try bonus, they win the ISA with 26 points
2) If Pats wins with a 4 try bonus but Auggies stay within 7 points getting a losing bonus point, then both teams finish on 26 points BUT according to the above, Pats wins ISA as they won the fixture against Auggies
3) If Auggies wins, then Auggies wins ISA with either 29 or 30 points with a bonus
4) If Pats wins but Auggies stays within 7, then Auggies win ISA with 26 points
5) If Pats wins with neither a bonus point and Auggies lose without a bonus point, then Auggies, Pats and Oakhill all finish on 25 points. ISA would then have to be a three way joint premiership as Auggies beat Oakhill, Oakhill beat Pats and Pats beat Auggies.
6) (edit) If Pats wins without a bonus point and Augies grab a losing bonus pint, then Auggies wins ISA on 26, Oakhill finishes on 25 in second and Pats finishes in 3rd on 25 as well. Pats would finish third as when they played Oakhill, Oakhill won that fixture.

Pretty intriguing stuff! It's going to be a great day out at Breen!

Last edited:

Agent

Bill Watson (15)

2) If Pats wins with a 4 try bonus but Auggies stay within 7 points getting a losing bonus point, then both teams finish on 26 points BUT according to the above, Pats wins ISA as they won the fixture against Auggies
3) If Auggies wins, then Auggies wins ISA with either 29 or 30 points with a bonus
5) If Pats wins with neither a bonus point and Auggies lose without a bonus point, then Auggies, Pats and Oakhill all finish on 25 points. ISA would then have to be a three way joint premiership as Auggies beat Oakhill, Oakhill beat Pats and Pats beat Auggies.
6) (edit) If Pats wins without a bonus point and Augies grab a losing bonus pint, then Auggies wins ISA on 26, Oakhill finishes on 25 in second and Pats finishes in 3rd on 25 as well. Pats would finish third as when they played Oakhill, Oakhill won that fixture.

What does Kinross have to do to win the premiership? Start planning for next year.... now!! :)

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)

You are right but lets have long hard think about the whole rugby season as a whole including pre season trials and the ISA season. During the ISA season augs have beat almost every team 30 points if not more so to me there is no chance in hell pats come close to beating augs in any way shape or form lets be real. Sorry for the rant its just the hard truth.

Regards

JP

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
You are right but lets have long hard think about the whole rugby season as a whole including pre season trials and the ISA season. During the ISA season augs have beat almost every team 30 points if not more so to me there is no chance in hell pats come close to beating augs in any way shape or form lets be real. Sorry for the rant its just the hard truth.

Regards

JP
Of course

I was just more interested in how one game could have so many different outcomes depending on the scoreline.

ratparkmerchant

Frank Row (1)

Regards

JP
I get what you are saying , bur you have to remember there is still a chance augs loose their great premiership run to pats