• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
The last 2 times Oakhill has played Joeys it has been hosted at Joeys and Auggies has also played on the same day. Based on results by Opens and age group (and I don't know what results) Oakhill and Auggies will play either Joeys 1st and the other school plays Joeys seconds. This has gone through the age groups as well with Auggies playing A's in some age groups and Oakhill the B's and Oakhill playing A's in other age groups and Auggies the B's. This year is the first time that Joeys (in the last 6 years) are travelling to both Oakhill and Auggies on same day. Not sure how Joeys are supporting each team.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
The last 2 times Oakhill has played Joeys it has been hosted at Joeys and Auggies has also played on the same day. Based on results by Opens and age group (and I don't know what results) Oakhill and Auggies will play either Joeys 1st and the other school plays Joeys seconds. This has gone through the age groups as well with Auggies playing A's in some age groups and Oakhill the B's and Oakhill playing A's in other age groups and Auggies the B's. This year is the first time that Joeys (in the last 6 years) are travelling to both Oakhill and Auggies on same day. Not sure how Joeys are supporting each team.
A very awkward and frustrating situation, daft to not just have it at Joeys! I'm sure the lads over on the AAGPS thread will have an answer.

BarkersSalaryCap

Frank Row (1)
I'm going to say that most of these games could go either way. I think Oakhill will have a tough time of it against Joeys (and think that Auggies will easily account for Joeys 2nds) but every other game will be tight. Should make for entertaining viewing :)

Get to the grounds and support your ISA teams!
Yeah with the return of the cheeseball at number 6 for oakhill, they are putting out a threatening forward pack. Led by captain Alex vorster? not sure who this is but my sources tell me he is a dominant front rower.

Chunky444

Frank Row (1)
Yeah with the return of the cheeseball at number 6 for oakhill, they are putting out a threatening forward pack. Led by captain Alex vorster? not sure who this is but my sources tell me he is a dominant front rower.
The cheese will be a freak out at 6, Vorstussy should lead the gents around well and this could be a thriller

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats will be an interesting game and will give a contrast on the differences between them and Auggies. With Auggies seemingly only just holding on against Cranbrook, we will see how possibly their biggest competitor for the shield will fair out.
I think 'm going to reserve judgement on that Cranbrook game until they both get to play each other on a dry track. For all the talk of Cranbrook being a stellar lineup this year, Id argue that in drier weather, Auggies backs will out play most other teams and this includes Cranbrook.

I know the Pats forwards are going to have to muscle up this week regardless. Really looking forward to this fixture.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
It'd be awesome if we could get some team lists each week just to start recognizing names and consistently good players to have on our radar.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oakhill team list for tomorrow's trial against Joeys from the AAGPS forum. Anyone to keep an eye out for?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.53.13 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.53.13 pm.png
    822.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.53.01 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.53.01 pm.png
    837.6 KB · Views: 286

BarkersSalaryCap

Frank Row (1)
Oakhill team list for tomorrow's trial against Joeys from the AAGPS forum. Anyone to keep an eye out for?
Definitely Reilly Foster in 2nds, huge potential nicknamed "The lawnmower" the way he chops tackles, this firsts squad is shaping up to have a powerful forward pack which joeys are going to struggle against up the middle.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Kinross 33-15 over Sydney Grammar today in Orange. A solid battle between 2 pretty handy sides. I haven't seen Grammar play for several years and wasn't expecting too much but they arrived and played good hard rugby. KWS well served by Carter Kirby and Harry Shea. Fullback Charlie Condon was also looking dangerous before he was taken out of the game by foul play. SGS will go well this year I think and seem like a solid team.

KWS won 2nds and had a pretty good day right through the grades.

Last edited:

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pats went down to Cranbrook today. A tight game throughout the first half, with it closing with a score of 7-5. The second half opened with physicality as Cranbrook looked to push up through the Pats defence, who defended commendably. Cranbrook scored early in the second half to make the affair 12-5. Pats pushed and pushed throughout the rest of the second half, hell-bent on hope. Their strong efforts were not successful as Cranbrook No. 10 sealed the game with a runaway try. Good efforts from the Pats forwards, maintaining to some extent Cranbrook's substantially larger pack. I can definitely still see Pats knocking off some of the other strong contenders in the ISA comp this year. If their forwards can get some momentum, that's all their elusive and talented backline needs to cause collateral damage to any team they come across.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
ISA Week 2 Results

Pats vs Cranbrook - Cranbrook won 17-5
Oakhill vs Joeys 1s - Joeys won 39-22
Gregs vs Riverview 2s - Riverview 2s won 25-22
Auggies vs Joeys 2s - Auggies won 29-21
Stannies vs Aloys - Stannies won 27-22
Kinross vs Sydney Grammar - Kinross won 33-15
Pius vs Trinity - Trinity won 17-12

Christo_au

Frank Row (1)
What a day yesterday at Oakhill v Joeys! Great game with the score 29-22 to Joeys with around 10 to play. If not for a few unforced mistakes from Oakhill, who knows what could have been. Joeys on the other hand was good enough to capitalise and made them pay.

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Lots of tight matches over the weekend which is great to see. Long may that continue.

Oakhill host Waverley
Pats host Barker
Auggies host Knox
Cranbrook host Kinross
Trinity host Gregs
Sydney Grammar host Stannies*
Sydney High host Stannies*
Aloys host Pius (edit)

* Stannies playing both teams this weekend. I assume it's 1s playing Grammar and 2s playing High but Ive listed both as the GPS site doesn't say which one.

Last edited:

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lots of tight matches over the weekend which is great to see. Long may that continue.

Oakhill host Waverley
Pats host Barker
Auggies host Knox
Cranbrook host Kinross
Trinity host Gregs
Sydney Grammar host Stannies*
Sydney High host Stannies*

* Stannies playing both teams this weekend. I assume it's 1s playing Grammar and 2s playing High but Ive listed both as the GPS site doesn't say which one.
Those first 3 games on your list will all be crackers. Any predictions from anybody?

workingdasnipe

Peter Burge (5)
Aloysius host Pius.

Am hearing some turmoil in the Aloys camp with their 10 and 13 both out this week due to an incident at school.

Can anyone shed light on this?

WDS

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Those first 3 games on your list will all be crackers. Any predictions from anybody?
I'll have a crack at predicting a few. The AAGPS boys are out of the trial period now so we will see ISA school's going up against other schools that have already played other ISA schools (I tried to word that to the best of my ability) which will give a good insight into how competitive this year's comp will be...

Oakhill vs Waverly - I'll take Oakhill in this. They were only down to Joeys by 7 in the final stages of the game before Joeys blew them out, which gives good signs of their stamina and dedication to win. I reckon it will go down to the wire.

Pats vs Barker - Barker will win this one through their forwards. Barkers tenacity throughout their game against Newington allowed them to score on the bell. Pure class from them, an extremely well-drilled side. Barkers patience and capitalization on mistakes will put them ahead, but Pats may be able to give them a run for their money. IMO Pats forwards may not be able to keep up with Barkers.

Auggies vs Knox - I think I'll take Auggies in this one. Call me delusional, call me daft, but they might just have a shot. Knox has momentum so far, having strong wins against Joeys and Shore. Auggies do as well, with a few more games strapped under their belt. In games like these, you need players to take control in the late stages of the game, Auggies have those players. It will be tight, don't get me wrong, and in the end, Knox's forwards may be the difference, but I quite like the idea of an ISA school upsetting a top CAS powerhouse...

Stannies vs Grammar - Stannies by a margin. Can't see them losing to a Grammar team otherwise they will get tortured with shuttle runs up and down Mount Panorama!

Gregs vs Trinity - This will be another close one. Trinity has had a solid start to the year with tight games with Pats and a nice win over Pius. I'm still yet unsure what to make of Gregs, so it could swing either way, but I will take Trinity, they looked good when I saw them and have an abnormally large pack which will cause havoc mid-field. Gregs has had reports although of them being a much stronger side this year in comparison to last year so that could factor in a surprising result

Kinross vs Cranbrook - I think with Cranbrook having a good win over Pats last week, they will want to make a statement with Kinross.

Pius vs Aloys -
This will be a cracker. Pius has proved to be a formidable side with getting neck and neck with a decent Trinity outfit. Aloys have pushed Stannies to the breaking point. I think I'll take Aloys in a game that goes down to the final straw.

I gave it a crack, but all of these games could swing either way IMO. Keen for a great week of rugby!