• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah right - during the school holidays yes? I only used games that were in school time as most schools were playing on the same day but thank for the heads up. I still think they're front runners coming into ISA though. You?
Yes most definitely, with trial match scores being very impressive like a reasonably close game with CAS powerhouses like knox and waves I think they will be the front runners alongside Oakhill. I'd say Oak v Augs would be the match up of the ISA season.

Regards,

Jp

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
A bit of fun for your Friday morning before Round 1 commences. I present - The CASISA Cup (Part 1). A not-too-serious look at how the CAS/ISA matchups went so far. Part 2 will come out at the end of the season and include the association games

A few notes -
1) The top team(s) is/are the one(s) with the greatest points average (not total points). This accounts for not every team playing each other, or the same amount of inter association games. You are trying to keep you points average at 3
2) 3 for a win, 2 for the draw and 1 for a loss
3) This system disadvantages Pius as they played two 2nd XV teams (and are not included in this table)
4) This table also disadvantages those who had a harder trial season by playing more fancied teams. Pats and Oakhill come to mind whilst Gregs and Kinross appear to be the beneficiaries.

CASISA Cup (Part 1)Played:Won:Lost:Drew:Total Points:Points Average:
Barker33093
Knox33093
Cranbrook541132.6
Gregs32172.3
Kinross32172.3
Waverley32172.3
Oakhill42282
Pius31251.6
Stannies31251.6
Trinity614191.5
Auggies41361.5
Aloys51471.4
Pats513171.4

Good luck to all ISA teams this weekend. I hope you do you schools and yourselves proud.
Very interesting, thanks Schmooze. It is weird to see a Pats team with potential having a very poor trial season, hope they can bounce back. Gregs has exceeded everyone's expectations. Pats vs Gregs today will be a very intriguing match, is the Pats team still littered with injuries?

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Very interesting, thanks Schmooze. It is weird to see a Pats team with potential having a very poor trial season, hope they can bounce back. Gregs has exceeded everyone's expectations. Pats vs Gregs today will be a very intriguing match, is the Pats team still littered with injuries?
Yes that's my understanding of it. I don't know specifics other than they copped a few injuries in Japan and things haven't got any better since. To be fair though, the whole mythos if Pats Rugby is to be the underdog and move beyond your station in life so being up against it is a space they're all familiar with.
But I do believe that today's game could make or break them.

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
Pats 40 - Gregs 26

Gregs were down 21 - 14 at the break and showed good physicality throughout the match. Gregs 12 went down injured in the second half but thought he and the 8 led the team with tough defence and good ball playing. Pats showed pure quality in the backline and sheer ticker up front. Conti and Woods both contributed to tries and Pats centres were especially tough in defence. This game for Pats definitely shows they are contenders for the ISA as on their day this team can gel to play a very skilful brand of rugby

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats 40 - Gregs 26

Gregs were down 21 - 14 at the break and showed good physicality throughout the match. Gregs 12 went down injured in the second half but thought he and the 8 led the team with tough defence and good ball playing. Pats showed pure quality in the backline and sheer ticker up front. Conti and Woods both contributed to tries and Pats centres were especially tough in defence. This game for Pats definitely shows they are contenders for the ISA as on their day this team can gel to play a very skilful brand of rugby
Thanks for that report

Ruggers885

Frank Row (1)
Yes most definitely, with trial match scores being very impressive like a reasonably close game with CAS powerhouses like knox and waves I think they will be the front runners alongside Oakhill. I'd say Oak v Augs would be the match up of the ISA season.

Regards,

Jp
KWS v Gregs is close behind for game of the season

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oakhill reilts

Attachments

• IMG_0588.png
    IMG_0588.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 317

Silver Back

Bob McCowan (2)
The results and scores I have from Pats v Gregs are:
13A and 15A Gregs Win - don't know score
14A Pats W - don't know score
16A Pats W 15 - 12
Second XV Pats W 19 -7
First XV Pats W 40 - 26
Looks like all of those scores from the Pats and Auggies first round home games have already been put on the ISA website.
Correction from above Pats Second XV score is recorded as 21 - 7.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like all of those scores from the Pats and Auggies first round home games have already been put on the ISA website.
Correction from above Pats Second XV score is recorded as 21 - 7.

From what I’ve seen on the isa website, Auggies clean swept pius across all age groups. Wow.