• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wasn't expecting that type of margin for Oakhill vs Stannies, 50 points difference is a massacre.

Expected Auggies to comfortably account for Pius, a few Pius tries in there although might show some promise.

Pats and Gregs is somewhat what I expected. I wasn't expecting Pats to beat them by such a margin, seemed like a high-scoring game but Pats experience got them ahead of the strong Gregs team, who were unfortunate to lose key players in a crucial part of them game. Hats off to Pats for keeping patience and scoring well-executed tries.

Apparently Kinross vs Joeys 5ths, does anyone know the scoreline of that? You'd hope Kinross get up.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Wasn't expecting that type of margin for Oakhill vs Stannies, 50 points difference is a massacre.

Expected Auggies to comfortably account for Pius, a few Pius tries in there although might show some promise.

Pats and Gregs is somewhat what I expected. I wasn't expecting Pats to beat them by such a margin, seemed like a high-scoring game but Pats experience got them ahead of the strong Gregs team, who were unfortunate to lose key players in a crucial part of them game. Hats off to Pats for keeping patience and scoring well-executed tries.

Apparently Kinross vs Joeys 5ths, does anyone know the scoreline of that? You'd hope Kinross get up.
I believe Kinross got up by about 10 or so.

You have to wonder about Gregs hey. I hope they're not deferring to type. The trials saw all ISA teams scoring good wins and I hope they are able to do the same in the comp proper. I just wonder how much of that loss for them was a subconscious predetermined outcome.

Geoff Webster

Frank Row (1)
I thought auggies played spectacular over pius with a big win. Big performance from Austin Hulley as an impact player coming off the bench for Sam Blank, seems as though Sam has been getting a few cramps in games... looks like he needs some pickle juice!

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill vs Stannies Report:
Bathurst turned on the weather for the afternoon of rugby. Sun out and about 18 degrees. Oakhill started the game with a dominant opening 10 minutes. Both forwards and backs playing well together. Oakhill scrum was starting to dominate with the referee ensuring safety for the boys. Oakhill opened with a nice try to the backs and a good side line conversion. Stannies the had a period of time when they gained some good possession which ended with a good try to the backs out wide and a sideline conversion. 7 all after about 15 minutes. Oakhill then proceeded to score another 4 unanswered tries before half time. Some good work controlling possession with the backs scoring some good tries from deep. The forwards then started to control the ball and saw them also finish with a couple of tries before halftime. Half time score 29 - 7. The second half started and the Stannies crowd tried to get their team back in the game. Oakhill scores a quick try after half time and quietens the crowd. For the next 10 minutes the referee then gives Stannies, 10 consecutive penalties. He was being very pedantic to Oakhill about offsides at the breakdown. Oakes were too enthusiastic during this period in defence and probably deserved a few penalties against them. However, Oakhill defence stood solid during this period across the park and denied the Stannies attack. Momentum then shifted back with Oakhill gaining possession and scoring another 3 tries to finish the game.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oakhill vs Stannies Report:
Bathurst turned on the weather for the afternoon of rugby. Sun out and about 18 degrees. Oakhill started the game with a dominant opening 10 minutes. Both forwards and backs playing well together. Oakhill scrum was starting to dominate with the referee ensuring safety for the boys. Oakhill opened with a nice try to the backs and a good side line conversion. Stannies the had a period of time when they gained some good possession which ended with a good try to the backs out wide and a sideline conversion. 7 all after about 15 minutes. Oakhill then proceeded to score another 4 unanswered tries before half time. Some good work controlling possession with the backs scoring some good tries from deep. The forwards then started to control the ball and saw them also finish with a couple of tries before halftime. Half time score 29 - 7. The second half started and the Stannies crowd tried to get their team back in the game. Oakhill scores a quick try after half time and quietens the crowd. For the next 10 minutes the referee then gives Stannies, 10 consecutive penalties. He was being very pedantic to Oakhill about offsides at the breakdown. Oakes were too enthusiastic during this period in defence and probably deserved a few penalties against them. However, Oakhill defence stood solid during this period across the park and denied the Stannies attack. Momentum then shifted back with Oakhill gaining possession and scoring another 3 tries to finish the game.
Great report. Thanks for posting that up

Sammicheals

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone know who the Pats 12 and 13 are thought they’ve been very impressive in attack as well as defence throughout the trial period and round one

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe Auggies heading up to Brisbane to play Villanova college sometime next week.
Yeah they are heading up Tuesday to Villa there brother school which will be fun for them. However their game against St gregs will be rough as most of the boys are playing state champs this weekend then fly up to Brisbane on the Tuesday to play there brother school, bit rough for the boys in gold leading up to rd 2 of the ISA season.

Peterson Baz

Frank Row (1)
ST GREGS 3RDS ARE LOOKING STRONG!!!

St Gregorys have a tough 3rd-grade side led from the front by young boarder Benji Leane. This 3rds side is the best we've seen in years and have a shot at winning the title, with a tough game this weekend against St Augustines, this will be a real test for the emerging young guns. Ethan 'LOG' Katromados dominates in the middle. Joei Neaves plays a crucial role in the team's attack as well as being dominant in defense. Victor Simon is an explosive fullback who is not afraid to run at some contact and is not shy of scoring tries as he scored a double against St Pats. Guys like Nicholas Platts, Ned Flick, and Lachlan Conradt all are dominant in defense and never afraid to put their bodies on the line for the team. Jack Kelly has been a crucial part of the Gregs side scoring in multiple games on the wing for Gregs as well as James Croker who has that x-factor who played in the Harold Mathews cup, James brings speed in attack and once in a hole, he can't be stopped. The team also has an x-factor player, Archie Duncombe, Archie is another Harold Mathews player who is a hard runner and who is fearless in defense, Archie has a lot of experience which he brings to the table for Gregs in their successes. Kaylan Prince another X-factor player known for his dominant tackles and speed, Kaylan plays with a lot of dominance and helps boys around him get better. Wilson Laurendet is a very versatile player who can dominate in the forwards playing second row, but can also play 9. Jack Mcdonald is a highly skilled playmaker who will make the right play at the right time. Brady McMillan, a raging outside center, is a boy born at the home of Footy, Moranbah QLD. Brady has played backyard barefoot footy since the day he could walk, and is used to the toughest environments. Dirt for an oval, Moranbah has bred some of the finest players to grace the game, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, and nonother than Gordon Tallis. Billy Redman has been an outstanding player in the 3rds squad being able to be so versatile and covering many positions in the back. Lookout for Noah Eason Wortley who has a dangerous step and is my player to watch out for.

This 3rd Grade team seems to be pretty strong and if they can get the win against St Augustine's their run home into the No. 1 spot on the ladder will seem to be unstoppable as they get better and better each time their chemistry gels.

GOOD LUCK LADS ON THE SEASON LADS

footyman08

Frank Row (1)
Hey Guys any predictions on the ISA sides for this year? I thought sides have been selected but haven’t seen anywhere.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
ISA Round 2:
Oakhill v Kinross @ Castle Hill - I dont see this going any other way then Oakhill getting up for the win here. Kinross were strong in the trials but Oakhill's toughness should see them through.

Pius v Pats @ Oxford Falls - match of the round. Form goes out the window as an old rivalry is re-kindled. Having licked their wounds from the trials will Pats have taken enough confidence (and injury recovery over the long weekend) to account for Pius? Or will the Chatswood boys grow an arm and a leg to beat their Christian Brothers rivals. Oxford Falls gives them an advantage but Pats (on paper at least) probably has enough to get them over the line. Pats by a conversion or penalty after the siren!

Auggies v Gregs @ Rat Park - If Greg's forward pack muscles up, then this could get interesting but I dont see the result going anywhere other than in Auggies favour. Auggies by 3 surfboards and a converted combi van.

Stannies with the BYE