• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think Auggies moved to Rat Park last year or the year before.

They used to be play home games at Narrabeen Sports Institute before that.

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Auggies moved to Rat Park last year or the year before.

They used to be play home games at Narrabeen Sports Institute before that.
Which is what I believed they still did - play at Narrabeen Sports Institute,
So again, sorry if I invoked an unnecessary thread of discussion.

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
Which is what I believed they still did - play at Narrabeen Sports Institute,
So again, sorry if I invoked an unnecessary thread of discussion.
If you are correct - One last question.
Where do Warringah play their Shute Shield games on Saturday if Auggies are playing at there (or do Warringah and Auggies coordinate their matches??). I find that hard to believe. I think that NSI is still used.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I've watched Colts games vs the Rats on the front field while Auggies have played on the main oval.

I suspect that there is coordination between the School/ISA and the Rats.

Maybe one of the Auggies parents could comment.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
, never seen it done at Shute Shield
Seriously? I can't recall seeing Christini stand anywhere else when the Two Blues are at home. Of course it may be raining tomorrow so GC may choose to stand elsewhere but if the weather permits, my money's on Christini standing behind the goalposts.

Of course, it is entirely possible that you may not have seen the Two Blues in the Shute Shield.

But ... heaps of coaches choose to stand behind the goalposts. Seriously.

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seriously? I can't recall seeing Christini stand anywhere else when the Two Blues are at home. Of course it may be raining tomorrow so GC may choose to stand elsewhere but if the weather permits, my money's on Christini standing behind the goalposts.

Of course, it is entirely possible that you may not have seen the Two Blues in the Shute Shield.

But . heaps of coaches choose to stand behind the goalposts. Seriously.

Obviously a Two Blues fan, and no I haven't seen Christini under the posts. I really doesn't matter, because "each to their own way of coaching". Whatever works. I just haven't seen the elite coaches under the posts, and if they were am sure they would have "eyes" on the sideline.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
^^Maybe one of the Auggies parents could comment.

I've seen St Augustines play main oval when either Grade and colts are there, I only recall them playing the 1:30 game or after the main game as they did against Christchurch this year. I don't know how the program is decided. Speaking to one of the well informed members of the village club that operates from Rat Park, he was excited about the potential for St Augustines making this site a long term home field.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great venue is Rat Park. Plenty of space. Parking not an issue,

Several years ago the State Champs U10 and U13 were both held there.

Junior Jarses were in both grades, so to watch the boys play was a simple case of walking from the Front oval and Main oval (under 10's) to the back ovals (Under 13's). No driving from one side of Sydney to the other as has been the case for most State Champs weekends for us.

Been there for rep baseball with the JJ's as well.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend etc etc etc that the ISA rep team has been selected does any one have the list or can post the link?

bluegoldblue

Stan Wickham (3)
Pius vs auggies. Good game, 12-0 to auggies at half time. Three quick tries in early second half saw the flood gates open for a bit. End score 40-14 auggies. Pius looked good at points, defending well and some good backbone play. Standouts for pius, young gun yr 10 Fraser toohey (no.15), kassis no. 12 and Manson no. 11. Augs no.4 (I think) was brutal, no. 14 was also devastating out wide. All in all an entertaining game.

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oakhill- 15 St Pats-5

Great physical game of rugby.St Pats turned in one of their better performances this year, their forwards were particularly good. The St Pats backs were decent it just couldn't get over the try line until the final play.

Oakhill were the deserved winners and got the rewards for playing with patience and discipline. The Oakhill defense was outstanding withholding a barrage of St Pats attack on their own line.

This result makes for a very tight and competitive competiton. With Stannies almost getting up n Kinross and and Pats and Oakhill fighting out a tough one. Greg's certainly have a lot of promise and it seems as though Pius held there own in their loss to Auggies. Each round should have some great results, the likes of an undefeated team this season would be very difficult.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
The Oakhill defense today was magnificent for 69 minutes with St Pats scoring 30 seconds before the bell. St pats threw everything at Oakhill all game but the Oaks defense held.Execution in attack let Oakhill down as they bombed 3 tries with either knocking on or the last pass going astray .
I agree with Loucentre this is going to be a tight competition this year.Good result in a very physical game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just returned from my games. My 13B's ran over top of Grammar 44-12 and our 13A's cruised it in against 58-5. There has been some huge improvements in the confidence of our boy's playing the game and general structures. Our B's in particular contains several kids that just work tirelessly all game which makes a big difference. In our A's there was a bit more of a tendency to spectate purely due to the fact that we were running over them at will. It's something we will need to address. If they had picked the work rate up by 50% the score could have become very ugly for Grammar. Still, good signs. We have a really clever little halves set up, good strong centres and a creative fullback that runs both himself and others into space. The backline play was massively improved. Once we get our pack to run all game we will have a pretty good A's team.

Now, to the not say pleasant bit. I know some may think it rich to complain about the ref after such comprehensive victories but I'm going to anyway. The first ref missed a little bit but wasn't too bad and did a reasonably good job. The second bloke however, was probably the most bias ref I have ever seen. He ping up for a throw in if it wasn't perfect yet they threw is crooked throw after crooked throw. We actually had a number of penalties for tackling too hard. He claimed they were high but neither one of them were unless the shoulder starts at the diaphragm and I was misinformed back in PE. The scrums were a bloody joke. He actually penalised us for being the dominate scrum. Bloody joke. To make it worse, we had a Grammar father actually walk around to our side to have a go at me in particular. Told me to "learn the rules". He clearly had never actually played the game as he would have known that Rugby doesn't have "rules" it has "laws". I left it at that but he continued. He then got read the riot act by one of the coaches who happens to work for the ARU after he played the "you're from the West, what would you know".
I saw the second game.
Speaking of laws: You and your "co coach" are not permitted on the field of play during play - let alone for the purposes of coaching.
You know very well, because one of you yelled out an instruction to get your loose head to bind, that the scrum penalties were for not binding and that grammar were penalised for the same thing.
You omit the fact that one of your boys was carded - you don't complain about that so I assume you accept it was justified.
You set an appalling example to your players by bagging the ref loudly and in front of the reserves. I was sitting behind the dead ball line and you were on halfway and I was able to hear what you or your co coach (because i dont know which was which) said so there is simply no doubt they heard it.
You should be ashamed of yourselves. This is u13 schoolboy rugby: do that in club land and you would be fronting the SJRU on my report.
The grammar father you mention is no better.
Posting this attack on the ref on here is probably the worst effort of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.