• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jaguares vs Force - Velez Sarfields Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fuck. Why didn't the boys go for the bonus point. We couldn't lose and who cares if argues got a bonus point for less then 7. Just stoked to win I guess haha yeeowowow

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

I wondered that- but then I thought the risk of injury, the unlikeliness of getting it and also that the Force probably don't know how the new bonus point system works because we never get any :)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well played Force and importantly got the win. 80 minute performance which been hard to find amongst Oz sides this season. Keep playing that sort of standard and importantly keep winning and you will make it harder to be cut.

The irony is even with such a low win-loss record Force still in the hunt to top Oz conference.

Ps. Force are my second team and want them to remain and hence why a harsh critic as best way to remain is with strong on field performances which includes most importantly getting the win.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
PPs - thank goodness they replaced Brache with Grant.

I thought Grant played very well and gave importantly much more stability and direction at the back. Hopefully this means we don't see Brache for the rest of the season in the starting 23 as not a fan of the latter.

chibimatty

Jimmy Flynn (14)
When I was a kid, I never thought I'd see the day that a WA side would one day beat what is essentially the Argentine national team in Buenos Aires. Great stuff.

tumblr_inline_mznxb23av51s9cy1z.gif

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Love, love, love the Force. You get the feeling that no one is bigger than the team and that they're all in it together.

Hardwick, Naisarani, Phillip, RHP are all fantastic players, and the best thing is that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

That simply isn't the case at the other Aus franchises.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Something special about this Force side. For context, the Lions are second only to the Crusaders and they couldn't even get a losing bonus point there. And now the Force are the only team in two years that the Jags couldn't score a try against.

Tremendous work, well done Force. Keep it up, and you could finish the season with seven wins!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wonder that as well. Don't get me wrong- no disrespect to Hodgson, but I feel like world rugby has moved past the point of 7s dominating the game. We stripped a lot of ball in the last 10 minutes or so and I wondered about the value of the jackal type. I guess it depends on the kind of game you want to play.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You can make that statement about all 4 Aussie teams who are sitting at just 3 wins each
Yes you could but the argument we are doing okay because the rest of oz Rugby sides are doing crap offers nothing. I would rather they are dirty with their win loss record and believe they could have done better and have belief after this game their is no reason they could not win most if not all their remaining games. Comparing to mediocrity is not a valid goal.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Its getting to the point where I'm not sure if Hodgson or McCalman are first choice anymore.

Hardwick, Naisarani and Koteka are absolute weapons.

As is RHP at 6.

No doubt. But Hodgson has got the biggest ticker in world rugby. I have admired him since he played for the Mighty Woods, and managed to use the magic word on live ABC television after we won a grand final!!!

Before that he played for Avoca, one of the local Central Coast teams. So he has got a lot going for him!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.