• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't know, is the kick that Folau put in against Argentina that Betham was able to contest and recover a tactical kick?

If so then yes.

But neither he, nor the AB's 3 would be kicking for field position.

Well I think Izzy does attempt to kick for field position but doesn't do it particularly good. I do agree that none of those 3 ABs will often be seen putting in anything more than a grubber over the tryline.

T

Train Without a Station

My point was just a response to Wamberal's typical idiot, blanket statement that any back in test rugby has to be able to kick, and that many players in the All Blacks are really no better than our own in that department.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My point was just a response to Wamberal's typical idiot, blanket statement that any back in test rugby has to be able to kick, and that many players in the All Blacks are really no better than our own in that department.

Nonu and Conrad Smith both have pretty attacking kicks. Ben Smith and Israel Dagg both have a pretty decent punt on them.

I'd say that ABs have much better kickers in their backline than the Wallabies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bullrush - whether they are "pretty" or ugly they seem largely effective.

And agree that AB's general backline kicking is superior. Fuck, did I say that!!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good whisper from NZ that John Mitchell is frontrunner for the Shorks.

Also, in a very Dingoesque moment, Mitchell looks like he will be publishing a tell it all book very soon covering his time with the Darkness (RWC 2003), (and possibly the Force/Firepower farce).

More info on the book and possible contents here:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11337145

Former coach John Mitchell, whose book Mitch: The Real Story is ready to hit the shelves, has decided 11 years after he was usurped from his post, to give his version of events in the wake of the 2003 World Cup exit.

T

TOCC

Say what you like about John Mitchell, i loved to watch the style of rugby that the All Blacks played whilst he was coach...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Force players used to speculate who was going to turn up to training. John or Mitch. They considered him to be borderline schizophrenic due to his mood swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.