• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

formeropenside

Home to the State that developed him, Qld, of course.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If he stays at the Force, I think it would better for his development if he DOES NOT play flyhalf. His position is 12 or 15...and maybe flyhalf later in his career but not yet. So for this reason, the Brumbies or the Reds would suit him.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I always knew Rabbit was good but didn't realise he would develop this quickly. I remember watching him at a 15's carnival and being so impressed that at the end of the carnival I walked up to him and shook his hand. At the time size seemed to be his only hurdle but he looks to have overcome that. Of the 2007 group I picked Horne and To'omua to be the first to really make it but JOC (James O'Connor) has bolted to the front.

If he does exit the Force to join Gits at the Ponies, what price To'omua heading west?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
If he does exit the Force to join Gits at the Ponies, what price To'omua heading west?

I like To'omua he's really impressed me since getting the starting gig at the Brumbies, I rate him higher than Beale & Cooper as an overall package for a flyhalf.

Would definitely take him at the Reds.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Lee has referred to him in the past as a 'brown Michael Lynagh'. That's probably the best description for him. Plays like a classic 10 and at school level directed play and controlled games superbly through a combination of footy nous, good passing and astute and skilful kicking. When that fully translates to his senior career, look out!

The other plus..a very good defender.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
In terms of his own development as a player, I don't think it matters where O'Connor goes, provided it isn't the Reds.

If he goes to the Brumbies, the Force should rob whatever banks are left to secure To'omua and Leiliifano as a double act. Behind what is becoming a very strong pack, outside a very experienced scrum half and inside Cross, Cummings and Shepherd, the two would really blossom.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
That's a fuck load of talent at the Ponies if he goes there. To my count it would be 3 top grade 12's if he goes with 0 top grade 15's unless he plays fullback

Force have got the most open 12 slot, but who would tutor him?

Status
Not open for further replies.