• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Japanese Super Rugby Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Back in the day, there were some of my front row buddies who appeared to "study" rather hard for the Skin Fold Test in the belief that, like the Mathematics 101 exam at Uni, a higher mark indicated better performance in the Test.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They are in the saffa / argie pool.

But will likely play their home matches v Sethfricken sides in Singapore to keep them happy on the "too much travel" front. Still think 3 x 6 with Japan in the Oz conf & Argentina the NZ makes more sense but, hey, gotta keep the Seths happy I guess.

T

TOCC

the beauty of Japan been included is one more super rugby match in the Australasian timezone :)

With a -2hours time difference, primetime in Japan(7:30pm) should be 5:30pm AEST...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
if they followed the Japan Top League model and only allowed 2 or 3 foreigners on the field at one time I might not bother watching.

If they open it up I would.

Plenty of Japanese front rowers around as for the rest (dunno who of these would be still contracted to S15 sides, Levave etc)

1 JPN
2 JPN
3 JPN
4 Radike Samo?
5 Andreis Bekker
6 Karl Lowe/Keegan Daniel /Schalk Burger/G.Whitelock/Levave
7 Henrich Brussow/Adam Thomsen/Alando Soakai/Tanerau Latimer
8Todd Clever/ Kankowski
9 Fourie du Preez/Andy Ellis
10 Michael Hobbs /Elton Jantjes/Berrick Barnes
11 Nadolo/Kahui/Cooper Vuna
12 Tim Bateman/Tamati Ellison
13 Jacques Fourie
14 JP Pietersen/ Nick Cummins
15 Andre Taylor /Isaia Toeava/F.Steyn

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
if they followed the Japan Top League model and only allowed 2 or 3 foreigners on the field at one time I might not bother watching.

If they open it up I would.

Plenty of Japanese front rowers around as for the rest (dunno who of these would be still contracted to S15 sides, Levave etc)

1 JPN
2 JPN
3 JPN
4 Radike Samo?
5 Andreis Bekker
6 Karl Lowe/Keegan Daniel /Schalk Burger/G.Whitelock/Levave
7 Henrich Brussow/Adam Thomsen/Alando Soakai/Tanerau Latimer
8Todd Clever/ Kankowski
9 Fourie du Preez/Andy Ellis
10 Michael Hobbs /Elton Jantjes/Berrick Barnes
11 Nadolo/Kahui/Cooper Vuna
12 Tim Bateman/Tamati Ellison
13 Jacques Fourie
14 JP Pietersen/ Nick Cummins
15 Andre Taylor /Isaia Toeava/F.Steyn

Ridiculous and no chance of happening. It will be a Japanese dominated team, not a SANZAR pension fund.

Picking a side like the above would do nothing to develop Japanese rugby, which is the key reason they're investing in a team.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Could see them do a Rebels and grab a dozen foreigners at the beginning, especially in areas of weakness, but given they've already had a few successes, it'll likely end up being somewhat close to the International Japan team.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Could see them do a Rebels and grab a dozen foreigners at the beginning, especially in areas of weakness, but given they've already had a few successes, it'll likely end up being somewhat close to the International Japan team.

I think that's likely but it would still be say 12 in a squad of around 35, and I'd guess there'd always be a majority of Japanese players in the 23. I think they'd struggle for support if it was any other way.

The Japanese national team beat Italy this year. They beat Wales without their Lions players last year. Sure, they lost 54-6 to the All Blacks late last year but I doubt the likes of the Lions, Cheetahs, Rebels etc would get any closer.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Hey? Numpty? As Pauline said, "please explain?"

Pauline Hanson: = Numpty.
Numpty (glasgow)
Incompetent or unwise person.
A Wee Idjit.

"Ahm just a weeji...
gie us yer Sunny D.Cos
I'll chib yer numpty pal,
rip yer Da;
slash yer dug,
ride yer ma!
Any way the Clyde flows, disnae really mattur,
tae me.......
tae me."

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pauline Hanson: = Numpty.
Numpty (glasgow)
Incompetent or unwise person.
A Wee Idjit.

"Ahm just a weeji.
gie us yer Sunny D.Cos
I'll chib yer numpty pal,
rip yer Da;
slash yer dug,
ride yer ma!
Any way the Clyde flows, disnae really mattur,
tae me...
tae me."

Wonderful Scots you quoted. You want to compare Scots heritage?

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fair enough.

I can think of two Scottish players who don't want to remember Newcastle either. What a bloody celebratory head knock that was! :)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah, Jo Ansbro would remember it fondly. Last Test for Scotland, retired later that year due to either back or neck problems, can't quite remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.