• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Japanese Top League - Now showing on Stan!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Toyota: 34
Toshiba: 33

Whoever halfback "Jack Stratton" is he really sparked it up for Toshiba when he came on

Toshiba shouldve won that handily. All the pill but just stuff up after stuff up on oppo goalline. Forwards looked utterly uncoached. Who's the coach? Why look, it's none other that Toddy "Gravy Train" Blackadder. LOLL. Still buggering it up after all these years. Shouldve cut his losses and gone the Coach Kirwan route years ago.

Briefly channel surfed across the other 3 matches and Kobe's Brodie and Ben from Accounts look to have won easily enough. Stupid Panasonic ran up about 50. Screw them. Deans and SBWFFS.

In an expanded 20 team league I'm guessing Panasonic, Kobe and Suntory will go close to cracking the tonne in some of these games.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NTT Shining Arse; 41
Honda: way less

Blowing gale, maybe 30 fans standing around, unmarked rec centre field with no stands and the camera at ground level. Can't see shit. FFS Japan, you're paying these mercenary pricks millions, it would be nice to be able to make out wft is going on. The in-goal is literally a 2 metre wide strip of rock hard astroturf. The whole setup was C-grade high school match level.

NTT's 9/10 axis of Fletcher Smith and Laidlaw could take this team far.

ps wft is a kid like F.Smith doing pitching up in Japan already? Abandoning the poor Landers like that. Shameful.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fuck Suntory. Scored 14 pts off blatant forward passes already.

Then they get rid of Walter Little's boy by kneeing the poor cnut in the head while he7s lying on the ground after scoring a try.

Always been easy to hate this bloody team.

--------------------------------------------------

Suntory notched 75-odd but gave up on that at HT and switched over to see the NTT Flapanara's.

Flapanara won the game for them pretty much by force of will. Japan might be the perfect place for his innate sense of hungus which stuffed up so many of his AB outings. Ironically, he did actually win this game by literally flapping at the ref to give a penalty in the 79th min. His team aint gonna go far with their tinpot oompa loompa at 1st 5 though. Game management-wise, the wee stumpy-legged fella looked lost.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What are the matchday rules for foreginers? ow many backs/forwards/reserves?

No idea now. It used to be 2 gaijin limit on the field, then I think they relaxed it, but maybe its been reinstated?

There was a comical delay in one of the matches with an HIA replacement when the ref team were exclaiming about "gaikokujin!, gaikokujin!"..... turns out they had to get one of the filthy foreigners OFF the pitch cos I guess they'd exceeded the quota. It all seemed a bit..... South African.....

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought it was still 2, but that non-capped foreigners don't count. Makes me think- if Hooper came on, did he replace Read or had Le Roux already come off?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
No idea now. It used to be 2 gaijin limit on the field, then I think they relaxed it, but maybe its been reinstated?

I was going to say maybe it has gone to 5 now, as Suntory had Kerevi, Barrett, Tevita Li, Talakai and Hockings all on at once. But Hockings, Talakai and Li are uncapped for their countries, so I don't think they count towards the limit as Forcefield mentions.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS this week the NTT Flapanara's are playing on a grassless 1970 throwback rec centre pitch that looks like this:

Going%20box%20kick.jpg

All the money in the world to throw at these mercenary pricks and they can't even find the poor bastards a single blade of grass to play on.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
yep. not so pretty for Gravy Train Toddy though.....

Toshiba vs Kubota.

Closely contested battle. Very intense. Everyone was gung ho as hell. Then you look at the scoreboard and, despite having players like Matt Todd, Tamanivalu and Michael Leitch at his disposal, Coach Gravy Train Toddy's team have somehow lost 7-39.

How does he do it? Gets gifted Richie and DC and conspires to win nothing in 8 seasons. New bloke takes over and instantly wins 3 titles in a row. Without Richie and DC. Then Toddy slinks off to Japan..... to do it all over again. He must interview well. Hammett gets tarred and feathered for rogering up the Canes yet ol' Gravy Train Toddy just keeps getting the gigs.

Executive Summary: Coach Toddy makes Coach Kirwan look like Bill Belichick on stilts.

Would love it if Razor took over Toshiba and did it all over again. And made Toddy his assistant water boy. "No, we're not doing it that way. Just keep quiet and get me a fucking drink would you? *cough*3-peat*cough*"

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
These Japanese in goals look like they could do some damage to a player. Artificial grass on concrete.

Getting flung into touch would also strip some bark.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
These Japanese in goals look like they could do some damage to a player. Artificial grass on concrete.

Getting flung into touch would also strip some bark.

It is nothing short of insulting. "Here's your salary, millions of dollars. Oh so you want to score a try? Here, go for your life and try your luck diving on this wafer-thin strip of astro-turf we found in the backshed from the 1970's haha, MORAN"

Entertaining half from Kubota vs NTT Shining Arse. Bit of a comedic pre-season aspect to it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Another 4 matches watched concurrently. All a bit of a blur at this stage.
  • Suntory Beaudens rack up another 75 ffs.
  • Panasonic rack up another 50 ffs.
  • Toyota HoopeReads rack up another 50 ffs.
  • Panasonic played in a CAVERNOUS empty diveball stadium, on a perfectly baized green, while some other sides plodded away on dust lots with 1-metre widths of astroturf for trylines. FFS what is going on here.
  • Flapanara won his side ANOTHER match, right at the death, by sheer force of individual will. He can't pass and he's a liability in test matches but OMFG he has an iron will to win.
  • Honda hooker red carded for lying on the ground and, like a petulant diveballer, kicking up 2-footed at an opponent during a dead ball situation. You can fuck right off to the showers with that sooky childish shit mate. Probably instant lifetime expulsion from frontrow club for that sort of bullshit too, buddy.
  • I think I actually saw a kicker get whistled for taking too long with a conversion OMG it was beautiful

Reactions: dru