• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jerseys; the good, the bad and the ugly

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My dax jersey is probibly my favourite:

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

I also really like:

Springbok+Training+Session+George+Campbell

And

imgres

I think badly designed jerseys are just straight up unacceptable. I mean is it really that hard to design good looking jersey.

The last two jumpers were not in your original post (or at least on my browser all I saw was a Question mark icon box but I found the first jumper by pasting this link into the browser: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/7qLc_wdUfJF/Springbok+Training+Session+George+Campbell

Your second link is a doozy and I eventually got to paste it all into the browser:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?htt...&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:16&biw=1259&bih=656

This link may be easier for readers than the "mouthfull" above:
http://www.espnscrum.com/newzealandclub2010/rugby/story/121455.html

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Awesome collection RF.

Good to see you have plenty of "unusual" jumpers, rather than the standard run of the mill.

Really like your efforts on the 3rd tier nations, and lessor known.

Shows the global footprint of Rugby.

well thats why i get them. i only wear jerseys these days and top tier nations are basically dissallowed (except if they're really cool like the islander ones)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Some from my collection

Jindabyne Bushpigs
British Columbia
Vancouver Rowing Club
Leeton Phantoms
Old Belvedere - Ireland

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 271

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Loving the photos. Keep them coming in.

Jindabyne Bushpigs. Legendary name. Finally get to see a jumper. Thanks Jets.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
jindabyne bush pigs is a top name, don't particularly like the jersey, but its what you get when you play for them ey. like the other ones, VRC looks nicest

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah the Bushpigs one was from the 2000 season when I was living at Thredbo and I managed to pick it up off someone I worked with.

The VRC one is my favourite for the design and because of the time I spent there. Was from their 100th season of playing rugby.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That is truly an impressive collection, RF. There are a few in there that I wouldn't mind myself.

On the subject of great club names, the Curtin University Goats (aka Black Pigs, aka Billy Goats) is a favourite of mine. They are about five minutes away from my place and won the fourth grade premiership over here this season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How is this for a great name: The Missoula All-Maggots RFC.

More information at http://www.maggots.org/.

In the spring of 1976, a group of University of Montana rugby players / students-for-life finally graduated or gave up aspirations of higher learning. Faced with the harsh realities of graduation and lack of a rugby team, they formed a new "old boys" side that summer. The name "UM Old Boys" might have been adopted had it not been for the typically insensitive Canadians who referred to the new team as "that bunch of maggots from Montana."

kit2.jpg

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I like the old fashioned striped ones best. For some reason I like the WP one and another one I liked was that of the Sydenham club that I used to play with when my I was a young bloke when my family was 8 years in NZ.

My favourite rugby union jersey is that of the Waikato Mooloos but it doesn't resonate with me like the white jersey with the red V does.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Can we just settle this once and for all. Best jersey by a mile is Brisbane Grammar first 15 - navy blue with sky blur collar, closely followed by Sydney Grammar first 15 - black eith gold collar. Don't bother about replying.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Can we just settle this once and for all. Best jersey by a mile is Brisbane Grammar first 15 - navy blue with sky blue collar, closely followed by Sydney Grammar first 15 - black with gold collar. Don't bother about replying.

Nice for casual wear, shame they aren't used for rugby at either school.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm a big fan of the Baa Baas one. Got mine about a month ago actually. Love the classic fitted, yet still roomy fit they have.