• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

J'ON puts ARU back in the black

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Blue said:
O'Neil is a master of the media and thinks he can play us all but not Knuckles. No Sir. Compelling arguments that Jon has somewhere between nothing and fuck all to do with last ARU results?

Connoly's Sunday column:

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/...-has-shamed-aru/2009/03/28/1237657201275.html
Maybe some of the changes in revenues were inevitable, but hard to deny the ARU would be in a bigger financial hole if some of the changes he made had not been undertaken.
Connolly is hardly an independent observer too, so I'd take his side with a grain or two...
Truth probably lies in between somewhere.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Yeah, fine, you got me there.

More interesting question - who is next in line to coach the Wallabies ?

2011 is too long away to be specific. Bloke would probably have to be a head coach of a province or assistant to a national coach to be advanced enough. The leading contenders are probably:

Friend
McKenzie
Meehan
Mooney
Williams.

Any promising assistants at the S14 teams?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Biffo said:
naza said:
Yeah, fine, you got me there. More interesting question - who is next in line to coach the Wallabies?
2011 is too long away to be specific. Bloke would probably have to be a head coach of a province or assistant to a national coach to be advanced enough. The leading contenders are probably:

Friend
McKenzie
Meehan
Mooney
Williams.

Step right up Axle Foley, ex-Bath and Wallabies coach and current Tahs forwards coach. Throw in Todd Louden and Les Kiss and there's your new coaching team.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:
naza said:
Yeah, fine, you got me there. More interesting question - who is next in line to coach the Wallabies?

Friend
McKenzie
Meehan
Mooney
Williams.

Step right up Axle Foley, ex-Bath and Wallabies coach and current Tahs forwards coach. Throw in Todd Louden and Les Kiss and there's your new coaching team.

Three guys all with head coaching aspirations?

Would be a great team though.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Link + Foley + Louden + Kiss is a bit of a dream team of Australian coaching. They could probably all work well together, too.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
From memory, Foley struggled as head coach of Bath until Knuckles came back to help him out. Does Foley even want to be a head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.