• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Joost diagnosed with motor neurone disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Very sad news this.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/ne...sthuizen-diagnosed-with-motor-neuron-disease/

"Joost van der Westhuizen has been diagnosed with a serious muscle related neural disease," Van der Westhuizen's publicist Bridget van Oerle said in a statement.

"Van der Westhuizen's doctor...noticed that Joost was having problems with his right arm and ran a series of tests.

"Van der Westhuizen also consulted two neurologists and has begun immediate treatment. The symptoms are serious and vary from person to person," Van Oerle added.

Having recently watched somebody go through this, my thoughts are with the poor bloke's family. One of the greats of Bok rugby.

canowindra

Frank Nicholson (4)
I remember that the Nike ad for 1999RWC was 'Joost do it!', a reflection of the amazing player he was. Sincerely hope that he has a milder form of the disease.

C

Canon76

that is terrible news, a tears come to my eyes. I wish him all the best and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.