• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My main point BH is that the collision with Barrett was accidental and not worthy of a red card. The bump by ALB was obvious but fairly minimal. I don't think it was sufficient to overturn the red card; I think the red card was not justified in the first place. ALB should have been penalised for interference had the collision not occurred. There needs to be more attention by the ref and assistants to players running interference in a kick/chase situation. I won't be surprised at all if a new directive comes out requiring this. If it does, I can be quite confident that a Wallaby will be the first pinged because there seems to be a time lag required for our team to absorb new matters of law.

I look forward to your official refutation excusing WR (World Rugby), RA, Referees and other officials in the next few moments.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, so one Super Rugby final ruined, one international test match. Granted reds only happen occasionally, but certainly yellows are more common and are still pretty damaging to a teams chances.

The Kwagga Smith one was a red card every day of the week and should continue to be.

I'm not really sure how not allowing players to jump for the ball will improve the sport.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Kwagga Smith one was a red card every day of the week and should continue to be.

I'm not really sure how not allowing players to jump for the ball will improve the sport.
By reducing the number of cards and thereby keeping games competitive.

Edit: of course i don't want jumping removed. The number of cards in the game is just frustrating.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I look forward to your official refutation excusing WR (World Rugby), RA, Referees and other officials in the next few moments.

The only point I raised was that the replays the referee and TMO focused on mostly didn't show the contact with ALB.

I'm not saying they got the decision right.

They ended up focusing on an incomplete set of information to come up with their decision.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think that we all ahve to remember that we can't protect players completely, and as Shag Hansen said he thought Barrett contributed to it himself ( I am assuming he meant by jumping forward) ,and I wonder if you could say a player that jumps while running forwards is taking a big risk but full protection comes to a player who just jumps vertically (if you know what I mean). I think players leaping as they run is a bit dangerous anyway as they can wipe someone out who is standing stationary waiting for ball.
I just throwing out half thoughts at moment and haven't really thought that deeply about it.

I would like to add I was quite impressed with Shag Hansen in the press conference after the game, he didn't try to play the blame game on Fall etc and as I said he said maybe his own player helped hurt himself!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bracing cock stanchion for the naming of one of the shittiest AB forward packs this century to take the field this weekend.
1 Franks. hasnt played much all year and is basically a cripple these days. Zero lateral movement, he can no longer run or even tackle unless someone's dumb enough to run right at him. Not doing much damage at scrumtime either, the bleck frog rookie held his own in test 1. Lasted 30 mins in T2 before he got the hook. Remains unimpeachable though as all other options are injured
2 Taylor. his great 1st test was shot in the ballsack after he joined the T2 malaise
3 Moody. also hasnt played all year.
4 S.Whitelock. dopey captain and looks utterly knackered at this stage of the season
5 S.Barrett. BIG. FUCKING.DEAL.
6 Dick Frizzle. Squire out. (the jury's still out on this guy too, surely) so it's a debut for Hansens special VIP project? NO PRESSURE THEN C**T
7 M.Todd. Cane needs a rest
8 Luke Fucking Whitelock. such a shit forward pack that the entire country no longer has a hernia in their happy set when Luke Fucking Whitelock is named to start a test match for New Zealand. Oh he can tackle, they say. SO FUCKING WHAT. Akira Ioane can tackle as well as rampage upfield unstoppably as well as hold up any prick in a 10 yard radiiii for a maul turnover. But of course master tactician Hansen would never renege and pick Ioane now, he's thrown his lot in with the 3rd shittiest Whitelock and Dick Frizzle the crossword expert from the fucken Highlanders BENCH
that is one seriously out of form/out of shape/exhausted/undercooked/not ready yet AB forward pack

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bracing cock stanchion for the naming of one of the shittiest AB forward packs this century to take the field this weekend.
1 Franks. hasnt played much all year and is basically a cripple these days. Zero lateral movement, he can no longer run or even tackle unless someone's dumb enough to run right at him. Not doing much damage at scrumtime either, the bleck frog rookie held his own in test 1. Lasted 30 mins in T2 before he got the hook. Remains unimpeachable though as all other options are injured
2 Taylor. his great 1st test was shot in the ballsack after he joined the T2 malaise
3 Moody. also hasnt played all year.
4 S.Whitelock. dopey captain and looks utterly knackered at this stage of the season
5 S.Barrett. BIG. FUCKING.DEAL.
6 Dick Frizzle. Squire out. (the jury's still out on this guy too, surely) so it's a debut for Hansens special VIP project? NO PRESSURE THEN C**T
7 M.Todd. Cane needs a rest
8 Luke Fucking Whitelock. such a shit forward pack that the entire country no longer has a hernia in their happy set when Luke Fucking Whitelock is named to start a test match for New Zealand. Oh he can tackle, they say. SO FUCKING WHAT. Akira Ioane can tackle as well as rampage upfield unstoppably as well as hold up any prick in a 10 yard radiiii for a maul turnover. But of course master tactician Hansen would never renege and pick Ioane now, he's thrown his lot in with the 3rd shittiest Whitelock and Dick Frizzle the crossword expert from the fucken Highlanders BENCH
that is one seriously out of form/out of shape/exhausted/undercooked/not ready yet AB forward pack
s'alright man. A timely red/yellow card will keep you in the contest ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

1 Franks. hasnt played much all year and is basically a cripple these days. Zero lateral movement, he can no longer run or even tackle unless someone's dumb enough to run right at him. Not doing much damage at scrumtime either, the bleck frog rookie held his own in test 1. Lasted 30 mins in T2 before he got the hook. Remains unimpeachable though as all other options are injured Suffers from "Which fucken Frank is that?" syndrome
2 Taylor. his great 1st test was shot in the ballsack after he joined the T2 malaise I'm just here until Coles gets a bionic hamstring or whatever bit is bung
3 Moody. also hasnt played all year. Elbows work, but.
4 S.Whitelock. dopey captain and looks utterly knackered at this stage of the season Testosterone levels low from growing too much neck-beard.
5 S.Barrett. BIG. FUCKING.DEAL. No, no, I really am a Barrett.
6 Dick Frizzle. Squire out. (the jury's still out on this guy too, surely) so it's a debut for Hansens special VIP project? NO PRESSURE THEN C**T I got nothing, fo frizzle
7 M.Todd. Cane needs a rest Nocaine, I mean novocaine
8 Luke Fucking Whitelock. such a shit forward pack that the entire country no longer has a hernia in their happy set when Luke Fucking Whitelock is named to start a test match for New Zealand. Oh he can tackle, they say. SO FUCKING WHAT. Akira Ioane can tackle as well as rampage upfield unstoppably as well as hold up any prick in a 10 yard radiiii for a maul turnover. But of course master tactician Hansen would never renege and pick Ioane now, he's thrown his lot in with the 3rd shittiest Whitelock and Dick Frizzle the crossword expert from the fucken Highlanders BENCH The Scott Barrett of Whitelocks.

That's better.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Luke Braid-Whitelock just put his fist through a wall somewhere.

One of these?
rice-paper-on-the-walls.jpg

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Never realised Marcel Brache played for USA, that looked like a very exciting game. 2 for the USA is a real powerhouse.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Plenty of changes to AB this week:

ALL BLACKS: Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Jack Goodhue, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Damian McKenzie, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Ardie Savea, Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock (capt), Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Jackson Hemopo, Matt Todd, TJ Perenara, Richie Mo'unga, Jordie Barrett

Beaugan & Fifita both released from AB while they recover from concussion, Nathan Harris released as he's about to become a first-time dad (Ricky Ricitelli added to squad).

Crusaders front row given a shot at redemption & OMG DMac starting at 5/8 but at least there's a proper 5/8 in the stands in case things turn to custard. Pleasd for young Goodhue, he's been solid all season & AL-B was pretty underwhelming in T's 1 & 2 (& for Tribe v CruSadists a week earlier). Surprised they're starting SBW but I guess they want his experience & maturity with young blokes either side of him. Dismal will no doubt be delighted that The Shannon Frizell Experiment continues :).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Shag did say last week it was time for the old risk and reward, and this is it. I pretty comfortable with Frizell getting a start, time to see what he got, we all know what Ioane's got (and hasn't when he clocks off for smoko during games). Wouldn't mind betting he also pretty keen on not over using Crotty. While I would of been pretty keen to see Mounga, I can understand wanting to look at DMac from a starting point too. I think it will all depend on how this set of loosies combat the Frenchies, as I thought we struggled there last week.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good selection from the All Blacks.

England out to get a SH scalp in the SH - forget the series. Boks looking to win with some different meat on the pitch and a nigh-impregnabke record at home (my couch coach opinion).

Should make for a good test match. Probably no flair. Just a proper test match.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Match officials for AB v France:

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Angus Gardner (Australia), Graham Cooper (Australia)
Television match official: George Ayoub (Australia)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Blindside's claim to fame is being a reserve who scored a hat-trick against the Blues. Yes, the Blues. Not the Crusaders or Hurricanes. The Blues. The half-our-original-selected-squad-is-injured-and-we're-basically-just-rounding-up-blokes-from-nearby-pubs-just-before-kickoff-to-fill-in-the-side Blues.

Two opensides are the wrong way round.

#8 is a blindside. But, as we're stuck with him due to daft selections, he might as well swap with Savea so our #8 will have at least some go-forward.

We're shoehorning another f*cken fullback into first five. Hopefully the French take full aim at McKenzie and end this daft experiment one and for all.

Glad to see Goodhue get a start. Mo'unga should've been joining him, though.

Would normally be up in arms about the back three, but meh. I don't think the French will be kicking much. More of a 'fuck it, lets run le bastard mon amis', attitude.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Blindside's claim to fame is being a reserve who scored a hat-trick against the Blues. Yes, the Blues. Not the Crusaders or Hurricanes. The Blues. The half-our-original-selected-squad-is-injured-and-we're-basically-just-rounding-up-blokes-from-nearby-pubs-just-before-kickoff-to-fill-in-the-side Blues.

Two opensides are the wrong way round.

#8 is a blindside. But, as we're stuck with him due to daft selections, he might as well swap with Savea so our #8 will have at least some go-forward.

We're shoehorning another f*cken fullback into first five. Hopefully the French take full aim at McKenzie and end this daft experiment one and for all.

Glad to see Goodhue get a start. Mo'unga should've been joining him, though.

Would normally be up in arms about the back three, but meh. I don't think the French will be kicking much. More of a 'fuck it, lets run le bastard mon amis', attitude.

Geez zer0 if you think Shag and co picked Frizzel because he scored a hat trick against Blues, you haven't been watching a lot of rugby, especially teams picked by the these AB selectors. I think they may watch a little more than the occasional Super rugby on tv mate!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A few changes including a new captain for Les Bleaus:

France: Benjamin Fall, Teddy Thomas, Remi Lamerat, Wesley Fofana, Gael Fickou, Anthony Belleau, Morgan Parra (c), Kevin Gourdon, Kelian Galletier, Mathieu Babillot, Yoann Maestri, Bernard Le Roux, Uini Atonio, Camille Chat, Dany Priso. Reserves: Adrien Pelissie, Cyril Baille, Cedate Gomes Sa, Felix Lambey, Alexandre Lapandry, Baptiste Serin, Jules Plisson, Maxime Medard.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
then he gets relegated to the bench to clip his toenails for the rest of the season. Elliot Dixon Balls must be saying to Tony Brown "Seriously? Coach, can you please tell me what the fuck is going on here? Fuck that guy"
If he panic-runs sideways right towards his centres then bails out and throws ONE hospital pass at them I am calling the cops
Glad to see Goodhue get a start.
can really see this as the beginning of the end for ALB, Goodhue could be looking at a Conrad Smith tenure, the kid has got it

Status
Not open for further replies.