• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Junior Gold Youth Sevens Squad for 2013 Youth Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
There are a couple of names I do not recognise from previous JGP/NGS discussions. Surprised that ARU have not released the names of the lads on the JGP/NGS programme yet, as both programmes have now been underway for some time in Old Sydney Towne. The parents and participants all know who is involved, but it should not be up to them to "spill the beans".

I have seen about half of these lads around the parks over the past couple of years, and if the rest are as good as the ones I have seen, then they have as good a chance as any of bringing home the bacon.

The raw talent is clearly there. Does rugbydom have the coaches and management team to realise their true potential? Not sure, but we recently sent plenty of talent away to Jnr RWC 2012 and came home with a 7th or 8th IIRC.

Good Luck to the lads. Where is all this happening and when?

Many of these lads will have a rather full passport at the end of this year if they remain injury free assuming that they make the Aust Schoolboys UK/Ireland tour.

Hugh... two things;

1. To what do you attribute our continued under-performance (and at times trouncing) at the Jnr RWC? I used to put it down to the Pacific Island Boys in the JNR ABs just being too big for or lads at that age - but in recent years, the number of locally-raised PI players has risen significantly - and yet, was our last outing not our worst result so far?...

2. (For those of us living overseas) - can you shed any light on this Stallions Rugby business I keep reading about... I have heard it connected to Randwick, to West Harbour Pirates - and now, Scots!

Status
Not open for further replies.