1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

K Rudd's reign (2.0)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Inside Shoulder, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

The Kruddster needs to win a confidence vote on the floor of the house of Reps or have the unqualified support of enough of the independents.
    I wish people would stop calling him the new PM: Windsor's talk this afternoon means this is not a foregone conclusion.
  2. Spieber Bob Loudon (25)

Agree - tomorrow will be interesting. SMH have Thomson and Katter in his corner.
    lincoln likes this.
  3. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

57-45 -> still pretty close. The House of Labor is rather divided, let alone the House of Parliament.
    Inside Shoulder likes this.
  4. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

given the polling those numbers suggest that 44 of the ALP caucus members would rather face electoral oblivion than be led by KR.
  5. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

Fixed.

No guarantee that Kruddy will survive a confidence motion in the House.
  6. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

Wilkie has said he will back him
  7. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

^^^ I think you have quoted P Keating quoting Jack Lang: ''In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying'' previously.

No change.

Kruddy may just have the numbers to survive a confidence motion.

8. ChargerWA Mark Loane (55)

Talk about a poisoned chalice.

Gillard was gracious in defeat and ultimately proves to be the better person.
  9. ACT Crusader Peter Johnson (47)

Just had a few very busy hours...

It was always going to happen. Far to many nervous MPs on even decent margins worried that the 29 percent polling for Gillard was never going to improve and they would lose their jobs.

It was all over when Shorten declared publicly.
  10. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

I thought that her last performance as PM was her best.
    Same for Swann.
    And now for the odious Albanese - what the hell does Carmel Tebutt see in that man?
    lincoln likes this.
  11. lincoln Syd Malcolm (24)

He will help stop the bleeding - chalk and cheese between Julia and Krudd
    Spieber likes this.
  12. Badger Bill McLean (32)

:confused:

untitled.JPG
  13. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

A bog standard right foot boot?
    Useless when youre on the left wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rob42, young gun, BPC and 2 others like this.
  14. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Apparently Shorten is known as 'Kingslayer' amongst the opposition
    young gun, p.Tah and Inside Shoulder like this.
  15. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

They're politicians I.e. all bottom feeding scum.

When the zombies come, politicians*, CEOs, lawyers, and accountants will all be used as living decide while I make my escape.

* in that I include union reps, lobbyists, and any form of LGA elected official.

-----------------------
    I hate autocorrect .
  16. NFL Frank Nicholson (4)

Shorten works for the opposition.
    It's only a rort if you're not in it..;)
  17. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Someone today described Rudd's return as being similar to getting back with an ex-girlfriend. As soon as its back on you remember all the reasons why you broke up and you desperately want out again.
    Moses, AngrySeahorse, BPC and 4 others like this.
  18. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

19. ACT Crusader Peter Johnson (47)

Great headline here

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...maker-turned-on-his-queen-20130627-2p06h.html

Couple of key points about Shorten and Jason Clare (also touted as an 'up and comer' in NSW ranks)

''Language is important and Bill had spent a fortnight asking other MPs what they thought needed to be done and saying things like 'it's reasonable for people to take different positions','' a Labor source said.

''The message was clear that the defences that had been built up around Gillard in the past had been lowered and there would be no repercussions for moving to Rudd.''

Clare had been prepared to switch for some time, perhaps since March.
    ALP polling in his Bankstown-based seat of Blaxland - once held by Keating - showed that not even a 12 per cent margin was going to be enough to save him from an embarrassing defeat and a promising career cut short.

A source said Clare brought across at least two other ''nervous Nellies''. Echoing the comments of other defectors, Clare said he voted for Rudd because "it gives the Labor Party the best opportunity to be competitive at the next election".

Moses likes this.
  20. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

I watched some of question time yesterday.
    In the beginning I thought of Rudd "gee, this is bloody good. He's boring it up them and making some good points".
    Then he started eulogising Smith (who I think is fantastic) and calling him "Smithy" in the way that KRudd tries to use the vernacular: its just so unconvincing when he tries to be a bloke.
    Shaking the sauce bottle instead of sucking the saveloy.
    He's a phoney - as Holden Caulfield would say.
    I'm sick of him already.