• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kiwi Netballers mock Haka

What punishment should these girls receive for disrespecting the haka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope these girls have cooked some eggs because when Ruchie & the boys get back from Europe they are gone give em some beans a huge serving of beans.

What complete disrespect they've shown for the nation of New Zealand sure we've seen Bronze medal hakas even out of time shopping mall hakas but a Koren gangnam style Haka is a new low I bet these girls even stayed standing during the opposition anthem.

As the greastest kiwi of them all says "shame shame shame".

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope these girls have cooked some eggs because when Ruchie & the boys get back from Europe they are gone give em some beans a huge serving of beans.

What complete disrespect they've shown for the nation of New Zealand sure we've seen Bronze medal hakas even out of time shopping mall hakas but a Koren gangnam style Haka is a new low I bet these girls even stayed standing during the opposition anthem.

Are you suggesting that the boys are going to partake in domestic violence? If so, that is low.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)

I see what you mean disco, but I think some sections of NZ are getting super precious about the Haka. If someone takes the piss out of it in respect to Maori tradition, then it's not really okay, because that's culturally insensitive. But if someone takes the piss out of it in respect to the All Blacks, then that should be fine, because it's just a rugby team. New Zealand approaches everything with a sense of humour, why not this?

I don't think it's an attitude that is being solely driven by the ABs themselves (I think the 10m gap rule, for instance, is an IRB directive) but it's starting to make the entire thing a bit too serious. Refusing to do the Haka in Wales a few years back, for instance, really irked me.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's more having a dig at the All Blacks supporters & NZ commentators that feel we all have to love & respect the haka, Which I used to enjoy until it got over precious & over done.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)

I'm assuming this post is sarcastic.....

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah that's it, I really want the All Blacks to fly home & physically assault these women for having a sense of humour.

Thanks for clearing that up. The way you actually worded your opening post, one could be forgiven for being quite concerned.

Remember, sarcasm on the internet usually doesn't work well. Maybe an edit of your opening post is in order? Considering your opening post was deriding the women for this 'haka', I fail to see your sense of humor.

This thread started on the downward spiral, and I can't see it getting any better.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm sorry I even opened the thread and even sorrier I watched the accompanying video. Minutes of my life wasted!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ridiculous proposition linking this to a Haka.

This is no different to the music played whan a batsman strides to the pitch in the Big Bash T20 games.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm with the last two comments. Just a bit of fun from the girls which everyone at the court seemed to enjoy...lighten up fullahs!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's more having a dig at the All Blacks supporters & NZ commentators that feel we all have to love & respect the haka, Which I used to enjoy until it got over precious & over done.
Actually Disco I thought this thread was started by you having a troll to try and pretend anyone would even think any kiwis would care about this, nothing to do with hakas, I think perhaps you may have to look at who is precious, and as Major said, sertainly makes a mockery the so called moderation of new threads. Mate if you are trying to start another tedious haka thread, PR have them everyday

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Actually Disco I thought this thread was started by you having a troll to try and pretend anyone would even think any kiwis would care about this, nothing to do with hakas, I think perhaps you may have to look at who is precious, and as Major said, sertainly makes a mockery the so called moderation of new threads. Mate if you are trying to start another tedious haka thread, PR have them everyday

Can I double like this?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sorry, been away all weekend, back at work early today, just finished. I must agree this thread is of limited value in that the apparently intended point is easily missed, and the assumed other points are not really productive.
And so it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.