• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Adam Ashley-Cooper: "the last thing we want to do, is see Kurtley leave the game".

Does he seriously not get it? A player of his stature should be saying, regardless of who the player is, the wallabies expect certain standards and if they can't meet that then there is no place for them.

Well his mum did complain on his behalf after Dublingate... so wouldn't use him as a benchmark...

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Which is why right from the very start, I've steered away from the whole gender thing. Offensive is offensive. I mean if it was a new male employee who had been portrayed in the same way in texts, it should be the treated in the same way. Many posters (not all) have brought in the gender thing when they can't make their own point.

Its not about gender, at least to me. Was there unequal bargaining power. If anything Di, a fully experienced HR manager and more with a bagful of ammo and KB (Kurtley Beale), an upstart absolutely shitting bricks.

I reckon Di was on the front foot, particularly with the shitty image that he sent to the team management supposedly by mistake.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You have to choose your battles. Standing by a team mate who has sexually harassed and bullied an ARU employee is not the right battle to choose.

What a silly thing to say, even this late in the day.

Of course you stand by your teammate UNTIL the investigation has been completed.

Not that I particularly like KB (Kurtley Beale) but I wonder what she said to this aboriginal lad in the heat of battle.

Personally the bloke is a dipstick blah blah, but I'll only hang the bloke once he HAS been found guilty

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
What I saw him say last night on the news seemed to be an unequivocal 'no' to whether Beale should be sacked. I think that is what people are referring to when they refer to his bad judgement, as he shouldn't express that opinion when there seems a cut and dried HR issue.

Yes, this is how I see it too. The Wallaby Captain has a duty to the ARU as well as his team. If I was Pulver, Eales, or McKenzie I'd be very uncomfortable with a captain that was saying anything other than I sympathise for all concerned including Kurtley, but the matter is under investigation and it would be inappropriate for me to comment.

He didn't. Which makes me wonder why. Aah well this is a conspiracy theory thread.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
What a silly thing to say, even this late in the day.

Of course you stand by your teammate UNTIL the investigation has been completed.

Not that I particularly like KB (Kurtley Beale) but I wonder what she said to this aboriginal lad in the heat of battle.

Personally the bloke is a dipstick blah blah, but I'll only hang the bloke once he HAS been found guilty

What investigation? It's clear that Beale sent the offensive text and abused Patston on the flight from Joburg.

Good one, playing this:

Juan-Williams-Race-Card.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

That's what the text messages the courier published certainly indicate

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Quote from today’s article in the courier mail AKA the gospel of truth :

“Kurtley Beale has the full support of the player group and, while his circulation of a lewd photograph was childish, it is hardly sackable. The group want him to go with them to the World Cup and, if he is sacked, others will follow him out the door.”

No place have I worked in would that not be a sackable offence.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Quote from today’s article in the courier mail AKA the gospel of truth :

“Kurtley Beale has the full support of the player group and, while his circulation of a lewd photograph was childish, it is hardly sackable. The group want him to go with them to the World Cup and, if he is sacked, others will follow him out the door.”

No place have I worked in would that not be a sackable offence.

If the players are fair dinkum about that view then sack the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom