• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe this incident is unrelated to Beale's axing............. but you would've thought based on the players available that Beale would've been a preferable inclusion in a 2 man back line bench, particularly if there's an injury to either Foley or To'omua, who was concussed last week.........

If Foley goes down the only goal kicker in the team is Nic White.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
The "complete set of information" will never be released, only what is chosen for release.

That an experienced tour manager came home suggests something reasonably significant happened. That he's been dropped from the 23 doesn't do anything to dispel that. It is probably not a molehill.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon Beale is fucked. Glad his gone if so. Would doubt alcohol has anything to do with this though.

So glade to see him gone as well, for now anyway.. Time will tell.

Do we really need this? It's pretty lame to be revelling in a player's downfall no matter how much you didn't rate his playing ability.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm glad he is gone if so, because with a limited contracting pool, I don't consider him worthy of a spot in that limited pool, as it would be better used on another player.

I guess three sentences making completely different points in the same paragraph isn't the clearest way to project my thoughts though.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Do we really need this? It's pretty lame to be revelling in a player's downfall no matter how much you didn't rate his playing ability.

Yes, been given enough chances over his career. His axing from the team this weekend was a pleasure to read.
Maybe he should head off to Japan or eruope, might do him good.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I completely agree. It's almost as if some members of this forum actually want KB (Kurtley Beale) to self-destruct, and thats one thing I can never understand.

He's obviously quite a troubled young man, and many want him to be completely abandoned by rugby, when it seems that rugby is one of the only things in his life that keeps him on track. Regardless of his past indiscretions, its inhumane to wish tragedy upon someone purely because you don't like them.

Perhaps I'm just blinded by my KB (Kurtley Beale) man love. #justiceforKB #KB4PM

T

Train Without a Station

The one and only thing that keeps him on track? How's that worked out for him so far?

Many thought it was inevitable. I'm glad it's happened before a fixture against a weakened Argentina in what beyond win/loss columns is a nothing game.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I completely agree. It's almost as if some members of this forum actually want KB (Kurtley Beale) to self-destruct, and thats one thing I can never understand.

He's obviously quite a troubled young man, and many want him to be completely abandoned by rugby, when it seems that rugby is one of the only things in his life that keeps him on track. Regardless of his past indiscretions, its inhumane to wish tragedy upon someone purely because you don't like them.

Perhaps I'm just blinded by my KB (Kurtley Beale) man love. #justiceforKB #KB4PM

"Tragedy"??...he'll get another job playing football for several hundred thousand dollars a year. Jesus.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The one and only thing that keeps him on track? How's that worked out for him so far?

When you consider where he's from and what he's achieved, it's done a huge amount for him. I've heard on this forum that his younger brother was an exceptionally talented player as well, but couldn't properly apply himself and maintain his place at Joeys due to personal problems.

Whether this is PC or not, he's achieved a lot more than 99.9% of Indigenous people ever will due to the circumstances they are handed, and that is a testament to both himself and those around him. He was arguably the best schoolboy talent Australia's ever seen, a Waratah at 18, debuted for the Wallabies at 19 (or 20?) and was nominated for the IRB Player of the Year in 2010 (something only Genia and Pocock have done since).

Not only that, but it seems as if he's very grateful for it (it wouldn't seem so from his noted brain explosions and public fuck ups). He's done a huge amount of work for Lloyd McDermott and it was only 6-8 months ago he did a stint at an Aboriginal community in central Australia (thats the only example I have, but I'm sure he's done a lot more as well). He recognises he's lucky to have experienced the success that he has, and does a lot to promote the idea that others can do the same.

#KB4PM

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)

I don't want him to self destruct. I want him to play to the best of his immense ability and not continually get into trouble off the field.

However after 7 years it's pretty clear that's not going to happen now so I'll be glad if he's given the flick, not because of schadenfreude but because someone else will get the chance to take his spot and potentially be the better player and man.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
"Tragedy"??.he'll get another job playing football for several hundred thousand dollars a year. Jesus.

Tragedy perhaps wasn't the best word. Lets go with:

"it's inhumane to wish misfortune upon someone purely because you don't like them".

Edit: I feel like the "Leave Britney Alone" guy if you replaced "Britney" with "KB (Kurtley Beale)".

T

Train Without a Station

You make out like Kurtley Beale is the first athlete from an underprivileged upbringing.

Many have come from similar backgrounds into success. The smart ones have kept their noses clean and it's been a mere footnote to their successful professional careers both in and beyond sport.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Michael, perhaps it is worthy to take the lead from the NZ Rugby Team manager. (ref inviting JvdW to a closed NZ training session).

How about "It is not the right thing to do to wish misfortune upon someone purely because you don't like them".

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The fact that one of the people involved left the touring party and returned home should have been a clue to the "nothing to see here, move along" crowd. It was obviously something significant - how serious we may never know, but potentially career ending for at least one of the protagonists I'd have thought.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Alright I've really gotta get back to my Uni work.

All I'm saying is that if KB (Kurtley Beale) gets sacked I'm going on a hunger strike. I've already considered changing my signature but I have too much respect for Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies.