• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Obviously not a KB (Kurtley Beale) Fan.

Why, after an argument, would someone be sacked? I don't want to work where you work.
Why would you call the police if I said "no" to you? Don't ever ask me if I want a cup of tea then.

Go to your place of work tomorrow and "physically intimidate" some one. See how that works out for you.

I'm assuming you don't have a track record of assaulting your co-workers or bouncers, or being charged but later dismissed due to lack of evidence (eg testimony) for assaulting female family members.

This is a manager who has been in professional rugby for 4 years, leaving a tour. It wasn't just an argument or a disagreement about a team policy.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
For crying out loud.

Just out of interest, does everyone on here get along with everyone at their work? Probably not.

Has anyone travelled for several months with family/friends? Was there a point in time you wanted to kill each other? Combining frustration and exhaustion did you say something you later regretted? Quite often you're not friends when you return home.

Now take 40 of your colleagues, some of whom have been on opposition sides during the year and you've been belting the crap out of each other on the field and you are now competing with to get on the starting side. Now throw in some disappointing losses, exhaustion from travel, the public pressure to perform.........

It's not going to be one big happy family.

When you're winning, everyone is usually happy in a team. We've seen that with the ABs and Tahs recently, but when things go to shit on the field, everyone looks for reasons why - culture, management etc.

Now we want to sack Link, boot Kurtley to the NRL and crucify an ARU official who most of us have never heard about and all this is based on Hearsay? think everyone has gone a little mad.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
For crying out loud.

Just out of interest, does everyone on here get along with everyone at their work? Probably not.

Has anyone travelled for several months with family/friends? Was there a point in time you wanted to kill each other? Combining frustration and exhaustion did you say something you later regretted? Quite often you're not friends when you return home.

Now take 40 of your colleagues, some of whom have been on opposition sides during the year and you've been belting the crap out of each other on the field and you are now competing with to get on the starting side. Now throw in some disappointing losses, exhaustion from travel, the public pressure to perform...

When you're winning, everyone is usually happy in a team. We've seen that with the ABs and Tahs recently, but when things go to shit on the field, everyone looks for reasons why - culture, management etc.

Now we want to sack Link, boot Kurtley to the NRL and crucify an ARU official who most of us have never heard about and all this is based on Hearsay? think everyone has gone a little mad.
there are tons of people at work I dont like, some I actually get close to hating, but I am aware that if I treat them like shit or break rules I wont win and will lose my job....so I dont do anything, I grin and bear it.

If I am smart enough to realise that getting involved in a workplace conflict can have consequences to my employment then why cant other people?

This episode is either a confirmation of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s stupidity or his lack of recognition on consequences for ones own actions. The only possible excuse is that he thinks he is entitled to more than the rest of the population

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
there are tons of people at work I dont like, some I actually get close to hating, but I am aware that if I treat them like shit or break rules I wont win and will lose my job..so I dont do anything, I grin and bear it.

If I am smart enough to realise that getting involved in a workplace conflict can have consequences to my employment then why cant other people?

This episode is either a confirmation of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s stupidity or his lack of recognition on consequences for ones own actions. The only possible excuse is that he thinks he is entitled to more than the rest of the population

Same here. There are some people I work with who I absolutely detest (I freely admit I'm not a people person) but I would never get punchy or have a stand up blue in front of everyone else. My need to make a living outweighs my disdain.

I'll not generalise, but I feel that there is an element of entitlement syndrome that we've seen creep into Australian rugby over the last decade and it's manifested itself in the actions of a few notable young blokes. I have no doubt that KB (Kurtley Beale) (for all his talent) is one of them, based on what we've seen and heard over the last few years.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is a manager who has been in professional rugby for 4 years, leaving a tour. It wasn't just an argument or a disagreement about a team policy.
Judging by her job description, she had a lot of tasks to fulfil whilst on tour. Leaving should have caused a big hole in the Wallabies' off-field arrangements. I haven't heard from any of the journos on tour if that happened.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The only thing I am sure of is that Australian Rugby now needs all the facts to be put before the public. There are too many inconsistencies in the columns and blogs for anyone to base their opinion on with any certainty. T-shirt or dress shirt? Shirt or trousers? Nature of comments made by both Beale and Patston? These and several other issues are now floating around Oz rugby causing consternation to all.
It is far too late for this issue to be dealt with internally.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
For crying out loud.

Now take 40 of your colleagues, some of whom have been on opposition sides during the year and you've been belting the crap out of each other on the field and you are now competing with to get on the starting side. Now throw in some disappointing losses, exhaustion from travel, the public pressure to perform...

Fair enough, but...

Why is it always Kurtley that ends up in these altercations? There are by your reckoning 39 other people who are in exactly the same position as him, yet it is always (well at least twice now) him that gets into these situations.

Second question I have. Where is the big grumpy forward that goes up to Kurtley and tells him to sit his ass down before he is sat down? It is all fair and well to refer to McKenzie's official authority, but sometimes in a team environment there are other types of authority that are just as effective.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I never thought I would ever say this, but we need Phil Waugh. He doesn't take shit from dickheads and isn't afraid to put them in their place. Had James O'Connor sussed sooner than most.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Same here. There are some people I work with who I absolutely detest (I freely admit I'm not a people person) but I would never get punchy or have a stand up blue in front of everyone else. My need to make a living outweighs my disdain.

I'll not generalise, but I feel that there is an element of entitlement syndrome that we've seen creep into Australian rugby over the last decade and it's manifested itself in the actions of a few notable young blokes. I have no doubt that KB (Kurtley Beale) (for all his talent) is one of them, based on what we've seen and heard over the last few years.
I for one have no problem with this generalization.
The team is bigger than any individual and it's bigger that the sum of the individuals and any one who isn't totally on board with that will prove too corrosive in the medium to long term to allow them to remain.
A number of blokes in the old days had certain major careers derailed by their behaviour, and some of the behaviour was not a patch on what now passes for acceptable.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Fact is that we shouldn't have to deal with dickheads.

The bus regularly goes overseas, experiences new and exciting things, actually gets reasonably well paid, laundry gets done. all meals etc

If someone doesn't like the bus ride or the driver, then get the fuck off. There are plenty of more commuters just waiting for a ride.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I was watching Offsiders yesterday and I was struck by the simplicity of their analysis. (this is obviously not verbatim)

Kurtley - just change your shirt. You're paid very well by sponsors and the ARU to wear whatever is deemed the appropriate uniform of the time; just change your shirt. None of this happens if you just change your shirt. It's not an unreasonable request.

I'll be honest, I've been caught up in the speculation as much as anyone, and hearing that perspective was so refreshing. I love Offsiders.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Got to remember that there were two of them in the incorrect attire.

Both players were asked/directed to change.

Both players changed (with or without a side discussion on pants).

One player seems to have let the matter go through to the keeper and moved on.

One player seems to have taken the matter further, possibly when provoked.

A tango requires the joint efforts of two parties, and one can decide to decline the invitation to dance as readily as the decision is made to accept the invitation.

It's not really about compliance with clothing standards and protocols.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The only thing I am sure of is that Australian Rugby now needs all the facts to be put before the public. There are too many inconsistencies in the columns and blogs for anyone to base their opinion on with any certainty. T-shirt or dress shirt? Shirt or trousers? Nature of comments made by both Beale and Patston? These and several other issues are now floating around Oz rugby causing consternation to all.
It is far too late for this issue to be dealt with internally.

And what was Sam Carter's response in the same circumstances? Did he act in a manner different to Kurtley and was it such that we should be able to expect any of the Wallabies including Kurtley to act similarly?

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Stephen Moore, but not since 4 months ago.

For those of us who have been away, can you kindly explain ths whole 'Stephen Moore Situation'? - understand it also affects that Brumbies forward who FINALLY made the Wallabies team last year - and then retired at the end of the tour due to problems 'in-house' (name escapes me, just now)...

Status
Not open for further replies.