:kurtley: In the SMH: Another Wallaby to face criminal charge December 16, 2009 FIRST it was Quade Cooper. Now the Australian Rugby Union has been rocked by allegations against another young Test playmaker of tomorrow, Kurtley Beale, whose immediate playing future has been placed in jeopardy after being charged with assault. Beale, the 20-year-old Waratahs five-eighth, who made his Wallabies Test debut just last month, has been charged with common assault over what is understood to be an alleged domestic violence incident arising from a family birthday party in western Sydney in July. Beale is due to face Mt Druitt Local Court on January 13. It is understood the complaint was made by his female cousin, though it is believed that no injuries were reported. Beale's agent, Isaac Moses, and the barrister representing him, Stephen Stanton, were unavailable for comment last night but, an ARU statement says the five-eighth plans to fight the charge. ''Kurtley has told us he will vigorously defend the charge and denies the allegation,'' said a spokesman last night. ''He is entitled under the justice system to the presumption of innocence.'' Beale will not return to Waratahs training until the matter airs in court. Cooper's future also remains unclear, despite his plans to fight allegations he broke into a Surfers Paradise home on December 6 and stole two laptops in the hours after attending teammate Peter Hynes's buck's party. His case in Southport Magistrates Court has been adjourned until July. Is this a new story or did I just miss it when it happened in July?