• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Laurie Weeks - Rookie of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well done to the guy, we have him doing well with the Reds and Palmer in his second season doing great with the Tahs

So we have two good young THPs coming through, what a wonderful thing to see

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A fine product of Wests Junior Rugby at Concord. Be nice to have him back at the Pirates.

Rodney Blake, Salesi Ma'afu and Laurie Weeks have all come through Wests Juniors, Australia's premier THP factory. ;D ;D ;D

R

rugbywhisperer

Lindommer said:
A fine product of Wests Junior Rugby at Concord. Be nice to have him back at the Pirates.

Rodney Blake, Salesi Ma'afu and Laurie Weeks have all come through Wests Juniors, Australia's premier THP factory. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah but wese got him now bro

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
drpQs. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

And some north of the Tweed grizzle about losing a player, or two. :'( :'( :'(

F

formeropenside

Lindommer said:

C'mon Lindommer, how long was he one of the top props in Sydney club rugby without a Tahs contract? And same for Blake - its not like we moved on them fresh out of school or poached them from the Tahs academy.

I bitch about poaching, but I have never complained about losing Peter Hewat from Brisbane Norths, as he was unwanted up here for a long time. Same with Flipper Manu who went to the Force - he was playing for Brisbane Souths without reward, as was Mackay (RIP) with Qld Uni (and yes I know they were not Queenslanders, I'm making a point about when poaching is acceptable).

I think the only poaches Qld have done recently are

1. Byrnes, from the Tahs academy;
2. Kennedy from the Brumbies academy;
3. The Finger twins from the Brumbies, because Mooney rates them for some weird reason, and that is only half a poach since Anthony was cut and Saia would not stay without his twin.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lindommer said:

Technically, the evil Syd Uni poached him first from Harbour. You should vent your ire at them first ;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I saw McLinden's name on the lsit of nominees. Jeez I thought he was superb but not all too upset that a fatboy got it. Maybe his Bingeball history counted against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.