• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Leon MacDonald ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
... retires.

Outstanding player, totally committed. He will be missed.

Thanks for all the entertainment. Leon.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
one (or several) too many head knocks i'm guessing?

he was is a ballsy character. made a decent enough flyhalf replacement too, which he doesn't get much credit for.

J

Jury

I personally rated him above Mils, the phantom pisser.

Thanks for the memories, Leon. You will be missed. Truly fearless and a committed player.

J

Jury

fatprop said:
a great footballer

We once had a long discussion on another site about who you'd want defending your line if it was the end of the world rugby game. Top two choices were Latham and Rangi McDonald.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sometimes I call guys good footie players as opposed to the lucky guys who have all the skills and athleticism.

The good footie players get the best out of themselves that they can, and just as importantly help team mates get the best out of themselves too. They make the other players look better than they are and are highly prized by coaches.

Sometimes we scatch our heads wondering why Joe Blow is picked ahead of a more talented player. Often it takes us a while to realise the value of JB beause we don't have the eye of a coach. Then the penny drops - Blow is a good footie player and now we see the value.

Rangi was a great footie player. It is a pity that he got too many head knocks as he was entitled to a bit more gravy at the end of his career for what he did in his pomp.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really liked Rangi as a football player. I always thought that he was a much more well-rounded fullback than Mils.

Agree with Lee, shame he didn't get a few more years playing to drag in some more retirement money as he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.