• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Classic RA making this process as obtuse and annoying as possible, but I've got my tickets sorted.

Might be hunger games in the membership group if one of the others can't get through though - it's a 4 ticket max purchase for the Wallabies Lions test and there's 5 of us (plus a few interested partners)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Was waiting over 20 minutes to get into ticketek. Finally got in, went to go buy tickets for the Brisbane game only for it to time out waiting to find me some seats..... back into the ringer again.....

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
timed out twice trying to get 3 x tickets to the Brisbane game with no luck. the only available option was for a single ticket for $478. Hopefully they do the last minute standing tickets like they did last time.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Did I read correctly that there was going to be further releases or is that it? My father got his times wrong and botched the planned purchase.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Did I read correctly that there was going to be further releases or is that it? My father got his times wrong and botched the planned purchase.
There's the ballot to come.

It was rather easy to get tickets for the Melbourne games, no queue for Rebels and a 10 minute queue for the Wallabies @ MCG one. But I'd imagine QLD would be a little more sought after.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Yes from the reds email:
This will be Phase 1 of a 3 Phase ticketing release. There are only a limited amount of tickets in certain stadium sections being released in Phase 1, so you will still have a chance to secure tickets in Phase 2 and Phase 3 later this year.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Funny.

Wallabies match at the MCG isn't selling affordable tickets beyond singles, so I called my brother and somehow the Ticketek system allocated us side by side tickets, bought separately.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Phew, thanks gents. I think I'll place myself in charge of the tickets come the phase 2 release....

Edit: got Reds vs Lions tickets today at least.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
hoping these staged sales enable lots of aussies to buy tickets - otherwise it could easily become a sea of red!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
hoping these staged sales enable lots of aussies to buy tickets - otherwise it could easily become a sea of red!
I'm not exactly sure how it's being structured or policed (maybe geo-restricted?) but all the comms have been that these ticket sales are for Australian residents and British and Irish based fans should by via the Lions themselves

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Seems to be plenty of tickets still for the Reds v Lion game, albeit none of the entry level.
I'm not exactly sure how it's being structured or policed (maybe geo-restricted?) but all the comms have been that these ticket sales are for Australian residents and British and Irish based fans should by via the Lions themselves
Geo restricted I believe - nothing a VPN can't solve. No need for an Aussie Credit Card though, and the address thing is a joke as can be made up as all tickets are mobile now.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Picked up 4x Gold Brigade tickets for Brisbane but find it completely odd that we could only get two tickets per membership for the Reds game a couple of weeks back and now it is all bets are off for the test.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Geo restricted I believe - nothing a VPN can't solve. No need for an Aussie Credit Card though, and the address thing is a joke as can be made up as all tickets are mobile now.

I would bet that 50% of the Lions fans in attendance will already live here and will definitely be trying to buy tickets through all these onsale dates.

Those coming from overseas that are purchasing as part of official tour packages generally don't have to worry about match tickets. They're part of the tour package.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
5 tickets for the Reds v Lions bought - last saw them at Ballymore in 2001 so hopefully we put on a better score than that night.....