• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions V Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Brumbies announced. Ben Alexander has displaced Henderson ;D

Brumbies team: 15. Mark Gerrard, 14. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13. Stirling Mortlock, 12. Tyrone Smith, 11. Francis Fainifo, 10. Christian Lealiifano, 9. Josh Holmes, 8. Julian Salvi, 7. George Smith, 6. Peter Kimlin, 5. Mark Chisholm, 4. Ben Hand, 3. Guy Shepherdson, 2. Stephen Moore, 1. Ben Alexander. Reserves: Huia Edmonds, Nic Henderson/Salesi Ma'afu, Sitaleki Timani, Shawn Mackay, Patrick Phibbs, Matt To'omua, Clyde Rathbone.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Spook said:
Brumbies announced. Ben Alexander has displaced Henderson ;D

Brumbies team: 15. Mark Gerrard, 14. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13. Stirling Mortlock, 12. Tyrone Smith, 11. Francis Fainifo, 10. Christian Lealiifano, 9. Josh Holmes, 8. Julian Salvi, 7. George Smith, 6. Peter Kimlin, 5. Mark Chisholm, 4. Ben Hand, 3. Guy Shepherdson, 2. Stephen Moore, 1. Ben Alexander. Reserves: Huia Edmonds, Nic Henderson/Salesi Ma'afu, Sitaleki Timani, Shawn Mackay, Patrick Phibbs, Matt To'omua, Clyde Rathbone.

Close to what I'd consider to be the Brumbies best team, with Timani eventually replacing Hand and Hoiles not in the starting lineup - with that backrow, the grafter Salvi is a much better fit than the segull Hoiles. Would like to see a little more of Ma'afu at TH. Think Fanifo will be under pressure to maintain his wing spot ahead of Rathbone and Mafi.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scarfman said:
That's starting to look like a top 4 team. BUY BRUMBIES.

When we all had a go at picking the top four (before the comp began) I put the Brumbies in. I am more confident now.

Should we occasionally revisit that thread with the predictions?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Their biggest issue is 9-10. Holmes is as slow as a wet week and Lealiifano is mostly competent but not in the top 50% of 10s. Hard to win games playing Brumby ball with that combo.

And who is the skipper? GS or SM?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Biffo said:
Scarfman said:
That's starting to look like a top 4 team. BUY BRUMBIES.

When we all had a go at picking the top four (before the comp began) I put the Brumbies in. I am more confident now.

Should we occasionally revisit that thread with the predictions?

The Brumbies have the 5 Bok sides in a row, then the Hurricanes, Blues and Chiefs

That is a tough run home and I think their tight five will struggle.

F

formeropenside

At least they get to face the Bok sides without Hoiles.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scarfman said:
Their biggest issue is 9-10. Holmes is as slow as a wet week and Lealiifano is mostly competent but not in the top 50% of 10s. Hard to win games playing Brumby ball with that combo.

They are not playing Brumby ball any more - welllll, they do revert to it a bit when they forget what Friend has told them. I was going to write "taught" but "told" is more apt for the Brumbies - ask Nucifora.

Agree on their problem at 9 and 10. I am, however, a Lealiifano fan and think he will make it to the big time and do well there. Patience, patience. On t'other mit, I'm rapidly exhausting my patience with and belief in Holmes. Phibbs is clearly superior to Holmes right now.

I wonder which 10s with potential might be in the centre of the Brumbies' radar for next year? Give them Giteau and a competent 10 next year and they will go a long way.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The BumBoys should at least put up 50 against the Lions. Less then that aint good enough. :lmao:

The Lions ditch their forward coach already after some racial remarks and look in tatters.

Got this faint feeling not a good time for the BumBoys to hit altitude. They could be in for a torrid time. IF and a big IF the Boks like Petoors and Mossie hit the ground running the BumBoys just maybe in for a hard game. The Lions supporters are crying murder after this weekend loss make no mistake.

But that BumBoy backline looks pretty impressive.

S

Spook

I'm not convinced by the Brumbies yet either. They haven't shown the capacity to get bonus point victories yet and this could cause them to miss out (again). Mafi is recovering from injury but I'd like to see him out wide.

Holmes hasn't been helped through the chopping and changing on halves. He is now starting and needs a big game.

The Lions will be pumped to the Brumbies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The ruckus over the Assistant Coach's sacking due to (alleged) racist blasts to three black players after their loss to the Stormers will probably work in the Lions' favour. Sporting teams have a habit of over-performing when there's been a change in their coaching staff.

Look out Brumbies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
They had Friend on our local Boots&All rugby program last night and he sate just that as his biggest worry for saturday.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Salvi is better than Hoiles I thought straight away that picking Hoiles as captain was a mistake, he should have stuck with Mortlock or Smith two players who you would never drop.

Bumboys halves aren't really asked to do much but they even struggle to do that so the sooner Giteau gets back the better for them.

Bumboys by at least 12.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What a turn around from the Lions and how dumb can the Ponies be? , charging a conversion early and costing them a bonuspoint. :lmao:

S

Spook

Useless Brumbies - they always lose the first game in SA :banghead. Dumb is right...but PB, I look forward to when the Stormers lose their next match to return serve. :nono :thumb :angel:

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
yeah poor effort by the Bumboys, how shit is Josh Holmes he's as painful to watch as Kurtley Beale.

Status
Not open for further replies.