• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions v Cheetahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
:eek: Fark this game has started at a million miles an hour! What a try by the Lions! Why is it the Saffer teams can look this good against each other, but not very often against those outside the Republic?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What I love about the Saffer forwards is they don't fuck around looking for holes - they try to MAKE holes through a combination of size and pace. If only more of our forwards took that attitude.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
This was actually a ripper of a game, and I am very pleased I saw it. Regardless of the quality of the sides they produced a great game of free flowing rugby, with a tight finish that had you on the edge of your seat. Juan Smith played like a man possessed.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The offloads in this game are superb I must say. Very entertaining, especially for two veldt teams with big forward packs.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
i get the feeling the lions will be a top half team this year. big forwards provide the penetration in the traffic and fourie provides the penetration in space.

clever had a killer debut. suddenly it seems that forwards from the americas are all potential super 14 players.

the cheetahs had all the intensity of a team playing there rivals but i really dont see them as anything above 10th.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hmmm... can't help but thinking Rose's frantic avoidance of tackling is going to hurt them eventually. But I hear Andre Pretorius is a pretty handy backup :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The replacement Cheetahs THP is doing a silly thing, and something that is a personal bugbear of mine. With the new crouch-touch-pause-engage sequence, some guys - especially tight head props - like to leave their hand on your shoulder or upper arm after the touch. Its very distracting and quite dangerous because it interferes with making a proper bind if the THP is a bit lazy about re-setting his arm. You can also injure someone's wrist or hand if they don't move it.

In this case, the Cheetahs' THP is actually grabbing the shirt of the young Lions' LHP (who is pretty fucking good) and as a result can't set his bind at all because the speed of the Lions' engagement isn't giving him time. Its an idiot move and he probably paid for it when he woke up Sunday morning with a fucked outside shoulder.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well Nick that Lion LH prop is Heinke van der Merwe and like Red Beard Qoute, pushing buses around from age 2. At 24 he sure is going to develop in one fine LH Fatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.