• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

long term coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Against Saffa teams it's a different story.......

Aus 7 SA 11 Draw 1

The Force and the Rebels in particular blown away.........

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If you base your view on oft quoted opinions with no stats to back it up you can come to that conclusion.

Well 2 out of the top 6 with the third equal 8th teams suggests it's a reasonably even spread. At best the Chiefs could finish 7 points ahead of the Brumbies. Possibly 2 points ahead.

Each country has one dud team. The Highlanders, Kings and the Force are all relatively even in the race for the bottom. It's only the 4th place team where Australia are considerably below SA and NZ.

To say that any team was considerably below would be completely biased and based on opinion, not facts and results.

This year you have 2 teams in the bottom 4, last year the Aussie conference had 3 teams in the bottom 5 and only one team in the finals which, based soley on points was the 6th placed team. In 2011, although the Reds won, there were 3 Aussie teams in the bottom 4.

It seems to be slowly even-ing up a little bit but the results would suggest that by and large, the Aussie provinces have struggled to compete with the NZ and SA teams in recent years.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Happy with either option - White is obviously well-qualified. But glad Link seems to have the gig.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Kiwi teams get easy points playing the highlanders. Conference system has really favoured them.

LOL.....now imagine if we had 2 Highlander teams for the last 3 seasons!

This is not supposed to be ablut the supposed weakness or strength of each conference (in saying that, I think the SA conference is the 'hardest') but just saying that in recent years, the Aussie provincial teams have struggled - the Rebels and Force in particular.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
If McKenzie is the new Australian coach, who are his assistants going to be?

Under Pulver's new arrangement, he gets to chose who is assistants are so I don't think we'll find out until he's sorted out all the contractual details etc. etc.

Also interesting to note the Ewen is strongly endorsed by Cheiks.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Interesting - got a source or link for that?
A big + I reckon.

''I'm biased because I grew up playing with Ewen and I think he has done enough in Australian rugby et cetera to be installed in the position,'' Cheika said.
''He's very professional and he knows what he's doing and he's got great experience and experience counts at that level.
''Just as much I think the other guy (White) would do a good job too.

''He's won a World Cup too, he's got great experience.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/cheika-set-to-battle-rebels-for-beale-deal-20130708-2pm5p.html#ixzz2YRITLQWe

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Congratulations to the big fella. Mrs Doug and I are happy with this decision.
Now, let's all get behind Link and his support staff and win the Castrol Edge Rugby Championship.
I'll volunteer (for a humble fee) to be the Team Curfew Officer to keep these pricks out of the clubs, pubs and burger bars after 10:30 pm!
If they want to behave like children, I will treat them like children !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom