• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Luke Burgess' psych up music

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Re: Luke Burgess' psyc up music

This disturbs me. Greatly. Fine musicians all, but geez, all they would psyche me up for is a snooze!

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)

I am also disturbed... Can't Robbie do something?? :nta:

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Hey, you've got Saturday's all right for fighting.......and um......

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

I saw the thread title, and as it was loading I thought Beethoven, and possibly 1812 Overture...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Unfortunately, it's this!
202529.jpg

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

Get the rest of the team onto it. Burgess is the only one who shows up and plays balls to the floor.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)

I recall George Gregan would listen to Miles Davis prior to a test. Suits his image, but seems strange...

Having said that, Shane Warne used to commandeer the stereo in the dressing sheds for the Australian Cricket Team and play Geri Halliwell's "It's Raining Men" :tard True story.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

AC/DC and Cold Chisel should be compulsory listening. Anything less strident should be considered suss, though Down Under by Men At Work could be tolerated.

What is this generation coming to?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Steve Waugh used to play John Williamson tracks in the sheds. That would drive me mental- give me Tracy Chapman any day thank you very much.

At least it's not Enya.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
Spook said:
A bit of hunters and collectors (holy grail) is quite good.

Used by the AFL.
It's tainted.

And Down Under's no good either. An upbeat calypso tune penned by a Scot is hardly going to rev up the lads.

Any truth to the rumour that Elsom listens to the Rocky Balboa theme (the one where Stallone runs up the steps in Philly) prior to taking the field.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
in a position that requires clear and quick decision making and calmness under pressure I think I'd prefer listening to some mellow music he likes than a bit of thrash metal.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What did everyone expect? He's a BACK!

Forwards (particularly back rowers) should listen to the heavier stuff for the physical confrontation. But when the backs are warming up (which usually amounts to rolling up hair dryers), I have no issue with them listening to Mix FM.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
in a position that requires clear and quick decision making and calmness under pressure I think I'd prefer listening to some mellow music he likes than a bit of thrash metal.

I was just about to post something similar. You don't expect they would need to get psyched up to play for Oz, rather ensure they don't expend too much energy before the game and be calm.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
NTA said:
What did everyone expect? He's a BACK!

Forwards (particularly back rowers) should listen to the heavier stuff for the physical confrontation. But when the backs are warming up (which usually amounts to rolling up hair dryers), I have no issue with them listening to Mix FM.

stand up and fight until you hear the bell ... ?

F

formeropenside

I always thought that warming up for backs just meant checking that you put your comb down one sock.

I suppose that was in the days before hair gel, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.