• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ma'a Nonu

Status
Not open for further replies.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Rugby Heaven has just tweeted to say he's been sacked by the hurricanes, anyone got anymore on this?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Apparently a number of the senior Canes players have been doing extra mid week training at various pubs around Wellington all year.

Culture and attitude is the issue, allegedly

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Force have a marquee spot opening up next year with David Smith leaving...

Wasn't one of O'Connor's requirements for signing that he would be guaranteed 12? Doubt they'd pick up a high profile 12, whether he has actually signed yet or not.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
It's very strange news for a province to not want an All Black. I mean, if he's no good, why was he starting instead of on the bench? You could at least tell him that he'll be competing for the spot with the other 12s next year.

It sounds like it could only be attitude / behaviour issues.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Wasn't one of O'Connor's requirements for signing that he would be guaranteed 12? Doubt they'd pick up a high profile 12, whether he has actually signed yet or not.

He could definitely play outside center. With Inman gone next year, it would be a good replacement. Although Pat Dellit has been doing well.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
apparently they aren't aware of the cipriani treatment in wellington cuz he's got the 12 jersey for the weekend.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It'd have to be behaviour/attitude issues. I can't understand why a franchise would want to get rid of a current All Black. They must have faith in the younger players who came through when Nonu and Smith were injured.

Andrew Hore has gotten the boot as well.

Hurricanes coach Mark Hammett has continued to swing the axe through his side, announcing today that like Ma’a Nonu, current captain and fellow All Black Andrew Hore will be packing his bags and leaving the franchise at the end of the season

T

tranquility

It'd have to be behaviour/attitude issues. I can't understand why a franchise would want to get rid of a current All Black. They must have faith in the younger players who came through when Nonu and Smith were injured.

Andrew Hore has gotten the boot as well.

You would have to think these kind of decisions will determine if Hammett is a genius or a fool in a year or two.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ali's Choice made some interesting remarks a few weeks ago about Hammett and the culture at the Cane's. Perhaps what we are seeing is a bit of a clean out in response to those issues. Tranq, I agree, he'll either be a genius or a goose by next season's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.