• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Hey, nice change of direction! Unfortunately I don’t have any info yet. I just checked my emails and noticed we didn’t hear much from Dec until Mar last year. They usually pick up a few good OS players (not just NZ / Pacific), so keen to see who we get this season. I just hope the other teams can give the Quins a serious run. Could it be Endeavour Hills’ year?

senior grade have been training since late last year. They are keen and mean.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Horrible stuff for players and stand, those like Doherty who let it get to this point should be held to account. Sick of the egos of execs ruining the livelihoods of those working for them.
Adam, you fail to remember that the Reds were helped out financially a few years ago. You’re salivating at the chops and happy to twist the knife deeper with the Rebels. What is your beef? Waratahs were a few more million in the red than the Rebels before RA conveniently swept that debt away before the media and the Australian rugby fans demanded the Waratahs to be the club to be gone.

It all stints of nepotism and old mates protecting one another.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
That’s a given. I only become a Rebel’s member last year and the crap I am seeing and hearing is unheard of in NZ. The sabotage against the Rebels is unconscionable.
It’s the problem with Aus rugby and super rugby as a whole.

There is too much politics between the states in Australia then there is too much politics between Aus and NZ

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Adam, you fail to remember that the Reds were helped out financially a few years ago. You’re salivating at the chops and happy to twist the knife deeper with the Rebels. What is your beef? Waratahs were a few more million in the red than the Rebels before RA conveniently swept that debt away before the media and the Australian rugby fans demanded the Waratahs to be the club to be gone.

Which part of my comment are you taking issue with? Expressing empathy for the staff and players, or stating that the execs should be held to account?

As for your comments, i’ve made no secret over my disdain towards recent events in Australian rugby and the scrapping of this centralisation policy.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
It’s the problem with Aus rugby and super rugby as a whole.

There is too much politics between the states in Australia then there is too much politics between Aus and NZ
Rather than suggesting politics, it is big egos and limited intelligence. OK ... it’s politics. Same; same.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

How does that reply correspond to Adam’s comment? He said all these hard working people’s jobs (players/staff) are in jeopardy due to mismanagement from the front office.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Which part of my comment are you taking issue with? Expressing empathy for the staff and players, or stating that the execs should be held to account?

As for your comments, i’ve made no secret over my disdain towards recent events in Australian rugby and the scrapping of this centralisation policy.
You’re the first to drop the so called latest news. Fact or fiction, you just don’t care. Do you understand it’s people like you that destroy this game. Start promoting the good stuff instead of the doom and gloom. You are damaging.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
You’re the first to drop the so called latest news. Fact or fiction, you just don’t care. Do you understand it’s people like you that destroy this game. Start promoting the good stuff instead of the doom and gloom. You are damaging.
I didn’t drop the news, @Rebelsfan did

as for the rest of that oddly misdirected anger, send it at the people who have actually caused this damage, execs like Docherty

Last edited:

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
How does that reply correspond to Adam’s comment? He said all these hard working people’s jobs (players/staff) are in jeopardy due to mismanagement from the front office.
That is exactly what he wants you to think. He wants you to think he cares but the punch in his comment is his slanderous intent. He doesn’t have all of the facts behind Paul’s business, so he leads with the drama.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If the cut the Rebels I will never support Australian rugby again, a life time of supporting the wallabies will be gone.
Same. When the Rebels were given the 5th Aussie franchise I vowed to become a member and support them come hell or high water. I had never been a member of a sports team before (only had a passing interest in Super Rugby until then). Little did I know it would become a passion. Not sure why but it gave me a sense of belonging. These were my people. Not only have I made many friends along the way who have a similar passion, it has deepened my overall love of Rugby, as well as being more involved in the local Dewar Shield with the Melbourne Quins it has also taken my interest overseas, including attending two US MLR games (Seattle Seawolves) last season. Without the Rebels I fear Rugby will still be a game I love, but it won’t be a must see anymore.
I may have rose-coloured glasses but I’m also a realist. The Rebels aren’t a given (nothing is), but while there’s life, there’s hope.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That’s a given. I only become a Rebel’s member last year and the crap I am seeing and hearing is unheard of in NZ. The sabotage against the Rebels is unconscionable.

1706095861902.gif

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
That is exactly what he wants you to think. He wants you to think he cares but the punch in his comment is his slanderous intent. He doesn’t have all of the facts behind Paul’s business, so he leads with the drama.
Damn that Adam! I’ve been duped!!