• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Think with Proctor & Daugunu this pushes Kellaway to 15, which is good for the Wallabies. I think he’s better there than 13 anyway.

9. Louwrens 10. Gordon 11. Anderson 12. Ili 13. Proctor 14. Daugunu 15. Kellaway 22. Gordon 23. Lancaster

looking a lot better

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hopefully a change of scenery can help Filipo find some form, there was a brief moment where he was the incumbent wallaby winger. Very happy to have another pilferer with Hardwick leaving.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Mason Gordon is a million miles from super rugby at this stage.

I don’t know about that…

I think his better than Nick Jooste. Jooste got a couple of caps this year with the rebels as the utility playmaker back option… who fills that role at rebels next year? They probably go a 6-2 bench anyways so yeah Mason might be on the outside looking in on that scenario.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don’t know about that…

I think his better than Nick Jooste. Jooste got a couple of caps this year with the rebels as the utility playmaker back option… who fills that role at rebels next year? They probably go a 6-2 bench anyways so yeah Mason might be on the outside looking in on that scenario.
Based on what?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Is Lancaster playing 15s somewhere?
He’s in World Cup u20s squad this week. Have heard he’s on one of those shared contracts next year and will be spending portions of the year with the 7s squad in lead up to the Olympics.

Perhaps shared contract wrong wording but believe will spend some time with 7s team.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Just noticed a nice bit of shithousery by the Rebels media team on Insta.

Onya

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Zac and Angelo are technically still on the books no?

(I do get what you're saying, it is kinda weird)

Ah yep & I see they have added Eloff now. but its not a Rebels team anymore lol. Having a decent hunt around I see Kemu is back playing at quins today & Lebron is at EH. Its like if he is not in the starting side at wests he plays down here.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ah yep & I see they have added Eloff now. but its not a Rebels team anymore lol. Having a decent hunt around I see Kemu is back playing at quins today & Lebron is at EH. Its like if he is not in the starting side at wests he plays down here.
Not sure if anything has come to a head yet or there is just time off in play for guys after the super season, but it does look like the Rebels are going to need to diversify beyond the Wests relationship. QPR is trialling a points cap like the Shute Shield this year and while it doesn't have any effect yet things are clearly moving in a direction that will make it very difficult for the Rebels to drop most of their super squad in a single club side, or really even two or three, when you consider those clubs exist underneath other super sides with their own players flowing back through to them.