• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The comms we received during the 2017 culling were far stronger and combative. Drafted by a lawyer with strong comms experience. It showed fight, passion, and resistance. What this letter is feels no stronger than an auto-reply email message.

Says two things - this whole affair is a beat-up from RA trying to drive down the purchase price, or the REbels are looking for the white flag to raise. Personally, I think it's the former, for all the reasons I described in previous posts.

Even if they are to stick about, they really need to improve their communications with stakeholders. Don't treat us like fools, engage at our level, and show some passion.
At least get ChatGPT to write it.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
With air travel in this country the way it is, it is probably cheaper, more frequent and quicker to travel Sydney to Melbourne than Canberra to Melbourne. An amalgamation between the RA Waratahs and the RA Rebels has a lot going for it.
Perhaps - but the CBR market is much much smaller - any business needs to look at where there is an opportunity to grow

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
I'm meant to be doing some work today

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 12.40.01.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 12.40.01.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 69

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Letter from the boss

The Melbourne Rebels wish to address recent media coverage and provide clarity on the current situation.

Melbourne Rebels’ directors and management fully endorse Rugby Australia's recent statement to the media, as quoted: “RA’s focus is on the future sustainability of the Melbourne Rebels, and we continue to work diligently with Paul (Docherty) and the board of the Rebels on that.” Our collaboration with Rugby Australia remains steadfast, and we are in constant communication with both their representatives and our dedicated board.

right - so less sure its a RA ploy against the Rebels?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
1706147892857.png

12:58 - REbels now only in danger of going to VA. How quickly the headlines turn.

Fucking NewsCorspe rags cant even their messging right

Reactions: dru

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
The article says that the Vic government is set to offer Rugby Australia 50m for the World Cup final and semifinals.

IMG_5972.jpeg

If rugby Australia cut the rebels and miss out on 50m in funding plus the reduction in TV rights that 9 will be seeking if we drop a team the lunatics are running the asylum

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure this is actually the old headline of the article? Mine's showing "Rebels in VA" on every page as the most recent update.

Haven't seen anyone else jump on it yet though

That's exactly my point - first it was in VA, then in danger of VA, then back to in VA - the message keeps changing.